dunno how I've escaped the idea of Joaquin Phoenix as Wolverine before. thought i saw that film. & half read the book
― Stevolende, Monday, 8 March 2021 09:19 (eight months ago) link
now realising that not everybody is going to see the top image in this thread.
― Stevolende, Monday, 8 March 2021 09:24 (eight months ago) link
Winne the pooh says
4 oz flourpinch salt1 egg1/2 imperial pint of milk
― American Fear of Scampos (Ed), Monday, 8 March 2021 09:31 (eight months ago) link
If you have a sourdough starter going, I highly recommend using your discard for these (very nice and fluffy):
― perhaps I myself was the object of my search (PBKR), Monday, 8 March 2021 13:11 (eight months ago) link
i've never written this down before. here's my current PANCAKE STRAT
- however much leftover starter i've saved in the fridge- about a pint and a half of yogurt/kefir/buttermilk- about a pint of plain flour- 2 tsps baking powder- 1 tsp baking soda- 1 tsp salt- 2 eggs- 2 tbsps cooking oil
0.5 think about heating up the skillet at some point
1. warm up the dairy product just enough so that it's not cold. maybe in a bowl in the microwave. maybe on the hob in a pot. your call! just don't make it actually hot.
2. thoroughly mix the leftover starter into the dairy product
3. in a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together
4. separate the eggs over a mixer/food processor, so the whites go into the mixer. put the yolks, on the other hand, into the bottom of another big mixing bowl. yes this is the third bowl you're using, four if you count the mixer. sorry.
5. turn on the mixer using the beater attachment to make egg whites
6. alternate adding the starter/dairy mixture and the flour mixture a bit at a time to the bowl with the eggs yolks already in it so that it's nice and smooth. feel free to add a bit of extra flour or buttermilk to get it to the right consistency
7. mix the cooking oil in
7.5 add whatever you'd like in terms of blueberries etc
8. fold in the egg whites
― Li'l Brexit (Tracer Hand), Monday, 8 March 2021 13:29 (eight months ago) link
lol at the nytimes’ food guru mark bittman getting dragged on epicurious
― Li'l Brexit (Tracer Hand), Monday, 8 March 2021 14:18 (eight months ago) link
― | (Latham Green), Tuesday, 9 March 2021 02:05 (eight months ago) link
I’ll never understand what buttermilk add something. For example where is the Irish soda bread made with buttermilk?
― | (Latham Green), Sunday, 21 March 2021 18:59 (eight months ago) link
The acid in buttermilk reacts with leavenings, gets bubbly, bubbles make fluffy.
― Motoroller Scampotron (WmC), Sunday, 21 March 2021 19:22 (eight months ago) link
THAT TEARS ME APART
― | (Latham Green), Sunday, 18 April 2021 11:46 (seven months ago) link