what up tom
― house of flying jaggers (J0rdan S.), Sunday, 15 November 2009 06:36 (eleven years ago) link
So I'm probably going to pitch a couple of nodes a ridiculous idea this week and figured why not ask ilcomputers while I'm at it:
- starting with neo4j 'cause it has a wiki already and every other graph DB seems to be strictly commercial/proprietary
- want to begin with 4 billion dudes (one for every IPv4 address)
- relate those dudes to "label" dudes, to form lists (whitelists, blacklists, country codes, ASNs, etc); millions of label dudes possible
- relate those lists to "source" dudes (users, cron jobs, websites) and the sources into source families
- tricky part: relate multiple dudes to "timestamp" dudes, so that a unix time can be associated with an IP' dudes relationship to a label dude, e.g. say we have a label dude that is just a domain name, and a certain list of addresses resolved from that domain at x time, but did not as of y time (this can be done with a traverser. I am pretty sure.)
- further along down the road, additional relationships for other attributes describing the various dudes; the idea ultimately being I can do almost all of my homework on a network device using a couple of traversals instead of essentially just grepping billions of lines of binary data
― El Tomboto, Sunday, 15 November 2009 07:32 (eleven years ago) link
totally ignorant in this particular matter, sorry dude.
― caek, Sunday, 15 November 2009 13:01 (eleven years ago) link
lol wats a node
― luol deng (am0n), Monday, 16 November 2009 16:19 (eleven years ago) link
I have never played with a graph database but what you're describing is making me want to play with one.
― a Barbie-like nub where he provates should be (HI DERE), Monday, 16 November 2009 16:22 (eleven years ago) link
good luck tom
― max, Monday, 16 November 2009 16:23 (eleven years ago) link
oh and btw I'm all up in yr HOOD next week
― a Barbie-like nub where he provates should be (HI DERE), Monday, 16 November 2009 16:23 (eleven years ago) link
marko rodriguez's deck about graph DBs seems like a good overview (to the eye of this particular dangerous amateur) - I'm gonna holler at our grant mofos to see if there's existing research in this area that we can piggyback on
― El Tomboto, Tuesday, 17 November 2009 08:04 (eleven years ago) link
anybody know anything about netcharts? fucking netcharts, man.
― Cary grant angry at tits (gnarly sceptre), Wednesday, 31 March 2010 19:32 (eleven years ago) link