Jumping the gun like the Rough Trade of Bandcamp up in here, who's with me
POP/ROCK/FOLK/R&B/HIP-HOP/INTERNATIONAL/MISCELLANEOUS/WHATEVER DIDN'T FIT ON MY OTHER LISTS:1) WESTSIDE GUNN - Pray for Paris 2) CHARLI XCX - How I’m Feeling Now 3) JULIEN BEILLARD - Dream In Leather 4) SHABASON, KRGOVICH & HARRIS - Philadelphia 5) THE MICROPHONES - Microphones in 2020 6) COMPETITION - Repetitive Music 7) JOAO PAIS FILIPE - Sun Oddly Quiet 8) UNCHAINED - Pic 9) BIG THIEF - Demos Vol. 1: Topanga Canyon, CA, Feb 2018 10) DEERHOOF - Love-Lore 11) SUN ARAW - Rock Sutra 12) HAIM - Women In Music, Pt. III 13) TOM CARTER - Age Of The Exit 14) JENNIFER CASTLE - Monarch Season 15) PRINCE NIFTY - We're Not In Kansas Anymore 16) KITCHEN'S FLOOR - "Expiry" b/w "Before Dawn" 17) AMARIA HAMADALHER - Music From Saharan WhatsApp 05 18) VEYROUZ MINT SEYMALI - Music From Saharan WhatsApp 09 19) PURPOSE CODE & TONY ONE (THOM GILL & MATT PENCER) - Purpose Code & Tony One's Funkchunks 20) BULBILS (RICHARD DAWSON & SALLY PILKINGTON) - Quicksandcastle
ELECTRONIC/EXPERIMENTAL/NOISE:1) BELLOWS - Undercurrent 2) CS + KREME - Snoopy/howwouldyoufeelwithoutthatthought 3) SPECULATIVE ERO - Vol. 14) FLIM - Ultimate Stranger5) YAKUI - Soultek6) MISTER WATER WET - Compost7) Ali, 29 · less than a mile away - Wrong Beats For The Right Love 8) EMMA DJ - PZSÅRIASISZSZ TAPE 9) ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ - W.S. 10) AUTECHRE - SIGN/PLUS11) JORDAN GCZ - Lushlyfe III12) SAM PREKOP - Comma13) ZONGAMIN - Street Surgery 414) PHIL STRUCK - Schleswig-Holstein-Aufnahmen15) ROSSO POLARE - Lettere Animali16) RICHARD YOUNGS - Vistas17) GACHA BAKRADZE - Quick Dreams 18) AONGHUS McEVOY - Bottles Notes & Other Detritus19) DUENN & BRIAN GRAINGER - Absence / 不在 20) DRAVIER - Fractals/Sequence Micros/Spring 2020 Euro Tour CD-R/Birds Of The L.A. River21) perila - tunnel four point zero22) fraufraulein - ties two Facts together23) DEREK BARON - Curtain24) SEAN McCANN, MATTHEW SULLIVAN & ALEX TWOMEY - Saturday Night25) SPACE AFRIKA - hybtwibt?26) AV MOVES - Almost Live27) BRYAN EUBANKS - Qualia Cosmos28) CODY BRANT - AM/FM LV29) KEVIN DRUMM - Local Crackers/Q30) coolhint (PHIL MELANSON) - 201531) n ev - Mutabor Cuts32) GIANNI ANDREATTA - Options33) J.R. BOHANNON/BEN GREENBERG/RYLEY WALKER - For Michael Ripps34) CARL DIDUR - Natural Feelings Vol. 135) NICHOLAS MALONEY - P/R36) FRANCISCO LOPEZ - Untitled #366 37) HIPOLITO - Lute Mobilé38) BEN VIDA/MARINA ROSENFELD & BEN VIDA - The Untitled (August 2020)/Vertice 39) PHIL JULIAN - Uninhabited Music 40) trblgrxve - система/легкодоступность
JAZZ/FREE IMPROVISATION/MODERN COMPOSITION: 1) 75 DOLLAR BILL - Live at Cafe OTO 19.12.19/Power Failures2) TETUZI AKIYAMA - Thaumaturgy3) SARAH HENNIES - Spectral Malsconcities4) NATALIA BEYLIS - Love-In-A-Mist, Edible5) KRISTOFER SVENSSON - Andra Segel6) ALVEAR-BONDI-D'INCISE - Ocho pretextos7) BEN SPETH/sister (BEN SPETH & MARCO CHER-GIBARD) - Close/45:028) MOSKUS - Live på Victoria9) TIM STINE TRIO - Fresh Demons10) RON MILES - Rainbow Signs11) CHARLOTTE GREVE - The Choir Invisible12) THUMBSCREW - The Anthony Braxton Project13) SYLVIE COURVOISIER & MARY HALVORSON - Crop Circles14) DAVID GRUBBS & TAKU UNAMI - Comet Meta15) COLIN WEBSTER & DIRK SERRIES - Light Industry16) OTOMO YOSHIHIDE - Guitar and Turntables17) GGRIL - GGRIL Plays Laubrock18) WAYS + SIMON TOLDAM - Fortunes19) KIND MIND (JOSH COLE, KAREN NG & MICHAEL DAVIDSON) - S/T20) DAN FORTIN - The Latest Tech21) NASHVILLE MINIMALISM UNIT - Soldier's Joy22) TONY PRICE - Interview/Discount23) SUSAN ALCORN QUINTET - Pedernal24) JUSSELL, PRYMEK, SAGE, SHIROSHI - Fuubutsushi (風物詩)25) BILL ORCUTT - Warzawa26) CATHERINE LAMB - Fragment study for inter-spatia27) WACLAW ZIMPEL - Ebbing In The Tide28) JEFF PARKER - Suite for Max Brown29) CHICAGO UNDERGROUND QUARTET - Good Days30) AMBROSE AKINMUSIRE - on the tender spot of every calloused moment31) GREG WARD, JASON STEIN, MATT LUX, MARCUS EVANS & CHAD TAYLOR - 85bears32) MOUTHFEEL (SAM GENDEL) - S/T33) WILDFLOWER/ILL CONSIDERED - Season 2/Ill Considered 9: East-West34) JOHN DIKEMAN & HAMID DRAKE - Live in Chicago35) SUNBURNSOUTYOUR EYES (BRANDON LOPEZ/BRANDON SEABROOK/GERALD CLEAVER) - Live at Union Pool36) ANNA WEBBER - Rectangles37) RHODRI DAVIES - For Simon H. Fell38) MARIA BERTEL & MARIA DIEKMANN - Live in Murmansk39) LOL COXHILL + PAT THOMAS + BILL WELLS + LINDSAY COOPER -Glasgow 08/12/199940) STEVE BERESFORD/DAVID TOOP - No Relation
METAL: 1) VOID ROT - Descending Pillars2) NECROT - Mortal3) CONJURETH - The Levitation Manifest4) CONJURETH - Foul Formations5) FACELESS BURIAL - Speciation6) OCRILIM - Plvence Abrost R Msitloun7) SARCATOR - Visions of Purgatory8) COSMOVORE - Into the Necrosphere9) INFESTMENT - Maggots In Your Brain10) KNIEJA - I-V11) AXIS OF LIGHT - S/T12) AKOLYTH - S/T13) AZATH - Through A Warren Of Shadow14) VOMITOR - Bleeding The Priest15) KUKA'ILIMOKU - Ka Hui Hawai'i Aloha 'Āina16) LIGHT DWELLER - Hominal17) HATE INCLINATION - Demo 202018) SANCTIFYING RITUAL - S/T19) ULCERATE - Stare Into Death And Be Still20) CLAIRVOYANCE - Demo21) STREET TOMBS - Demo 222) WORSEN - Demo MMXII23) NORDTOR - Untitled (released 04/30/20 [10:22], pulled from Bandcamp)24) WITCHES HAMMER - Damnation Is My Salvation25) XIBALBA - Años en Infierno26) KRALLICE - Mass Cathexis27) OBSCURE RELIC - First Black Communion28) SULFURE - Neurotisme29) NIMBIFER - Demo I & II30) COAGULATE - The Art of Cryptosis
REISSUES/COMPILATIONS/ARCHIVAL RELEASES: 1) VA - The Key To Our Love Vol. 1 2) ARNOLD DREYBLATT - Star Trap 3) SONIC YOUTH - Live In Moscow 1989 4) MAALEM MAHMOUD GANIA - Aicha 5) ARTHUR RUSSELL - Sketches For World Of Echo: June 25 1984 Live At EI 6) ARAB STRAP - Live In Liverpool 2005 7) JACK BRIECE - Heterophonious Fool 8) EIVIND OPSVIK - Overseas Live 2002-2012 9) ALAN LICHT & ROBERT AIKI AUBREY LOWE/ALAN LICHT & AKI ONDA - Lost Tonic Session/Live Vol. 1: Cornell10) YELLOW SWANS - Detestifi Yellow Swans/Dyad Yellow Swans/Dosed Yellow Swans 11) 24-CARAT BLACK - III 12) PASCAL COMELADE - Sentimientos 13) YABBY YOU - Prophecies Of Dub 14) DEREK BAILEY & EVAN PARKER - Arch Duo 15) NO-NECK BLUES BAND - Hint House 3-26-98: Another Green World 16) TAKU SUGIMOTO - DDDD 17) DAVID BOWIE - Metrobolist (a.k.a. The Man Who Sold The World [2020 Mix]) 18) DREW SCHLESINGER & DAVID TORN - Summer Synthesis 1978 19) VA - Tim Peaks: Songs for a Late Night Diner/The Tears Of Technology 20) VA - Cadence Revolution: Disques Debs International Vol. 2
― call mr zbow that's my name that name again is mr zbow (Craig D.), Tuesday, 17 November 2020 03:33 (two months ago) link
This is an interesting list. Lots I’m not familiar with.
Way too early for me to have a list but I’ll get back to you in a couple of days.
Can we just make our own categories? I don’t think I’ve heard enough jazz, metal or archival releases to even attempt a a top 10 in those genres.
― ✖✖✖ (Moka), Tuesday, 17 November 2020 04:59 (two months ago) link
Oh, of course own categories!
Right on--looking fwd to it.
― call mr zbow that's my name that name again is mr zbow (Craig D.), Tuesday, 17 November 2020 05:01 (two months ago) link
Bumping this to see if anybody else on here has a personal year-end list yet (ballots sent in to publications would be cool to snoop on and see too, as long as that happens to be kosher of course)
― call mr zbow that's my name that name again is mr zbow (Craig D.), Monday, 7 December 2020 20:34 (one month ago) link
We're all waiting for our very own ILM EOY poll, so you're not likely to get many answers in the interim.
― pomenitul, Monday, 7 December 2020 20:49 (one month ago) link
Gotcha! Makes sense.
― call mr zbow that's my name that name again is mr zbow (Craig D.), Monday, 7 December 2020 21:21 (one month ago) link
Yeah, it's only the EOY poll here that even gets me to make a list, and then it's hush-hush until after the rollout. Some cool stuff on your lists, though, Craig.
― emil.y, Monday, 7 December 2020 21:24 (one month ago) link
Feel free to take part in the ILM metal subpoll btw. Nominations are already open:
2020 Metal ’n’ Heavy Rock Poll: NOMINATIONS Thread (open until the 8th of January 2021)
― pomenitul, Monday, 7 December 2020 21:24 (one month ago) link
Ok I did mine because I needed to procrastinate:
Electronic/people mostly using computersAmazondotcom & Siete Catorce - Vague Currency EPAutechre - SIGNBored Lord - i love youDane Law - Algorithmic Music for Synthesized StringsBeatrice Dillon - WorkaroundChurch Andrews & Matt Davies - NEIGHBOURSChurch Andrews - CA1 (Extended)DJ Delish - KV5: Stearn Learn EPCocktail Party Effect - s/tA.k Adrix - Código de Barras Nidia - s/tHowie Lee - 7 Weapons SeriesScratchclart - DRMTRK EP XSmurphy - Spheres of Consciousnessv/a - Alterity (Houndstooth)v/a - New York Dance Music III (Towhead Records)v/a - Cache 02 (Svbkvlt)
Jazz/people mostly playing instrumentsMakaya McCraven - Universal Beings E&F SidesJeff Parker - Suite for Max BrownAlabaster dePlume - To Cy & Lee: Instrumentals vol. 1The Necks - ThreeBirth - Almost NeverJohn Zorn - VirtueJoshua Redman - RoundAgainTony Barba - Blood MoonMary Lattimore - Silver LaddersDave Schoepke - Tessellated ResonanceDezron Douglas & Brandee Younger - Force MajeureCharles Lloyd - 8: Kindred Spirits (Live from the Lobero)
People SingingShopping - All or NothingSoccer96 feat. Alabaster dePlume - Tactics EPMoses Sumney - graeDirty Projectors - 5 EPsSault - Untitled (Black Is)Sault - Untitled (Rise)Cleo Sol - Rose in the DarkBlake Mills - Mutable SetJoe Wong - Nite Creatures
― change display name (Jordan), Monday, 7 December 2020 22:45 (one month ago) link
Church Andrews & Matt Davies - NEIGHBOURS
haha, i was literally just watching their FACT magazine video on youtube and in fact thinking to myself that Jordan from ilx would love it :)
that mix of electronics + absolutely sick live drums, hot stuff!
― kites aren't fun (NickB), Monday, 7 December 2020 22:51 (one month ago) link
What it looks like now, let's see if Macca can do anything with it in a couple weeks.
1. Jonathan Wilson: Dixie Blur2. Graham Gouldman: Modesty Forbids3. Annie: Dark Hearts4. Taylor Swift: Folklore5. The Switch: Macca/Jawaka: Songs From The Teenage Equator6. Erasure: The Neon7. Haim: Women in Music Pt. III8. Astrid S: Leave It Beautiful9. Dua Lipa: Future Nostalgia10. Sondre Lerche: Patience11. Doves: The Universal Want12. Pet Shop Boys: Hotspot13. Dagny: Strangers/Lovers14. Brendan Benson: Dear Life15. The Weeknd: After Hours16. Boy Pablo: Watchito Rico17. Better Person: Something To Lose18. The Flower Kings: Islands19. The Yum Yum's: For Those About To Pop20. Carly Rae Jepsen: Dedicated Side B
(About one third Norwegian efforts, which is kind of typical of the past 20 years when it comes to my year-end lists)
― The GeirBot (Geir Hongro), Monday, 7 December 2020 22:54 (one month ago) link
(All largely in the first category anyway - I'll skip the others)
― The GeirBot (Geir Hongro), Monday, 7 December 2020 22:57 (one month ago) link
cool list. post more imo
― imago, Monday, 7 December 2020 23:16 (one month ago) link
SOULFUL/FUNKY/DEEPDua Lipa - Break My Heart (Moodymann Remix)Isola - EP1Jayda G - Both of UsJessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?Moon Boots - Pure Moonsmusclecars - Street DreamsRóisín Murphy - Róisín MachineSoela - Genuine SilkYaeji - What We DrewZackey Force Funk - 4x4
TECHNO/ELECTRO/HOUSEDivine Interface - Seeking ArrangementsFacta - DovesJasmine Infiniti - Bxtch SläpKelly Lee Owens - Inner SongMartyn Bootyspoon - Lickety SplitParris - Polychrome SwimRoman Flugel - Garden PartyRobert Hood - Mirror ManSkrillex, Boys Noize, Ty Dolla $ign - Midnight Hour (Four Tet Remix)The Phantasy - Ibiza I & II
BASS/GRIME/WUBSChekov - AeratedDJ Swisha - U Kno Tha VibesIkonika - BodiesKouslin - 2020 Vision EPLurka - Rhythm Hi-TekOff the Meds - s/tPearson Sound - Alien ModeSepehr - ShaytoonShygirl - ALIASYak - Dire Hit
ABSTRACT/AMBIENT/CHILLActress - Karma & Desireana roxanne - Because of a FlowerCucina Povera - TyyniCS + Kreme – SnoopyDomenique Dumont - People on SundayEartheater - Below the ClavicleFRNTBZNZZ - Shadowerk RecordingsMary Lattimore - Silver LaddersPenelope Trappes - Eel DripVA - Air Texture vol. VII
SYNTH/POP/WAVEAgainst All Logic - FaithArca - KickDengue Dengue Dengue - FiebreKris Baha - Starts to FallL/F/D/M - Dream BleedsMen With Secrets - DramaticGrimes - Darkseid (feat. 潘PAN)Rizu X - Quiero Schwefelgelb - Die Stimme DrängtTornado Wallace - Start Again
― davey, Thursday, 10 December 2020 05:58 (one month ago) link
here's a short list. i need to update it though.
― Totally different head. Totally. (Austin), Thursday, 10 December 2020 16:31 (one month ago) link
If anyone's interested in my 2020 Faves playlist, here it is (pick yr service): Spotify, Google Music
(it's by no means every track I loved; but the idea was to make a ~1 hr. playlist with a nice flow)
― good karma, my aesthetic (morrisp), Thursday, 10 December 2020 17:00 (one month ago) link
I have sent several ballots, and will post a couple in a minute, but right now I'm gonna paste faves from thee above, in order of posts:JEFF PARKER - Suite for Max BrownCHICAGO UNDERGROUND QUARTET - Good DaysARTHUR RUSSELL - Sketches For World Of Echo: June 25 1984 Live At EIBeatrice Dillon - WorkaroundMakaya McCraven - Universal Beings E&F SidesAlabaster dePlume - To Cy & Lee: Instrumentals vol. 1Moses Sumney - graeSault - Untitled (Black Is)Sault - Untitled (Rise)Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
― dow, Thursday, 10 December 2020 19:33 (one month ago) link
This year's Uproxx ballot was first with a list to chose from; there were also write-in instructions, which I didn't trust/understand, so I just chose from the list---Ideal Top Ten designees are ones I would have chosen anyway (will eventually make a Top 20 or 25, which 2020 seems to demand)(still working on Scene ballot)
*Ideal Top Ten **Nashville Scene ballot1. Archie Shepp/Attica Blues (Didn't know this was reissued, but it's great and stands in for his latest, Ocean Bridges, which isn't on the list, also for Moses Boyd's Dark Matter and the Kaleidoscope post-acid jazz etc. etc. comp)2. **Bob Dylan/My Rough and Rowdy Ways 3.*and **Elizabeth Cook/Aftermath 4.*Gil Scott-Heron/Makaya McCraven/ We're New Again: A Re-Imagining By Makaya McCraven5. *Irreversible Entanglements/Who Sent You?6 *and**Lucinda Willams/Good Souls, Better Angels7.*Sault/Untitled (Black Is)8.*Sunwatchers/Oh Yeah9.*Tony Allen/Hugh Maskela/Rejoice10. *Various Artists/AngelHeaded Hipsters: The Songs of Marc Bolan and T.RexSong of the Year (not really, but close enough, since they insisted on just one):Nick Cave/"Cosmic Dancer" (never dreamed I'd list one of his tracks! Got to give it up this time, though)
― dow, Thursday, 10 December 2020 19:51 (one month ago) link
My Folk Alley Ballot:Brandy Clark:Your Life Is A RecordDave Alvin: Songs From An Old Guitar: Rare and Unreleased RecordingsElizabeth Cook: Aftermath (write-in)Gillian Welch: Boots No. 2: The Lost Songs, Vol. 2Gretchen Peters: The Night You Wrote That Song: The Songs of Mickey NewburyJason Isbell and the 400 Unit:ReunionsKatie Pruitt: ExpectationsLucinda Williams: Good Souls Better AngelsSwamp Dogg: Sorry You Couldn't Make ItWillie Nelson: First Rose of SpringThe No Depression ballot was pretty close, although it took out some of those in favor of Lydia Loveless, Katie Pruitt, Bettye LaVette, Pam Tillis, and Waylon Payne's Blue Eyes, The Harlot, The Pusher, The Queer, and Me, which is somewhut like all my other country etc. faves in one.
― dow, Thursday, 10 December 2020 20:02 (one month ago) link
Same Katie Pruitt alb on Folk Alley and No Dep ballots, sorry!
― dow, Thursday, 10 December 2020 20:04 (one month ago) link
I live in the past so I've only got a few to highlight. Not that there aren't other 2020 albums I really like a lot, but these are special.
Gigi Masin - CalypsoSign Libra - Sea To SeaK-Lone - Cape CiraKhotin - Finds You Well
― Evan, Thursday, 10 December 2020 20:32 (one month ago) link
Did not know xibalba had an album this year so thank you thread
― billstevejim, Thursday, 10 December 2020 20:42 (one month ago) link
can't believe i forgot to include Beatrice Dillon, Workarounds was the album i listened to the most this year, i'd be remiss not to mention it
― davey, Saturday, 12 December 2020 12:36 (one month ago) link
Elder - omensHum - inletFleet foxes - shoreSewerslvt- draining love storyV / a - global panic reducerV / a - late night lo-fi 5
― calstars, Saturday, 12 December 2020 20:21 (one month ago) link
My top 20 UK drill tracks of the year
#7Side Mitch'O x Hunna x Shakk - More DiorAbra Cadabra feat Kush - How We LivingBackroad Gee feat Ambush and Pa Salieu - Party PopperBis - StreetsDigDat x Aitch - Ei8ht MileDigga D - Chingy (It's Whatever)Digga D - WoiDutchavelli - SurelyHeadie One feat AJ Tracey and Stormzy - Ain't It DifferentHeadie One feat Skepta - Try MeLoski x Mizormac - On MeM24 - No Cap#OFB Bandokay X Double Lz X Abra Cadabra - Let Man Know#OFB Dezzie - Buss ItPa Salieu - BettyPa Salieu - FrontlinePS - Bruce WillisSL x Pa Salieu - Hit The BlockTion Wayne feat MIST - DeludedUnknown T - Deh Deh
― paolo, Tuesday, 15 December 2020 09:38 (one month ago) link
Nice, will check those out.
― Gary Sambrook eats substantial meals (Camaraderie at Arms Length), Tuesday, 15 December 2020 11:26 (one month ago) link
Here's my boring tiered list of albums I liked:
Destroyer - Have We MetPoppy - I DisagreeRun the Jewels - RTJ4Phoebe Bridgers - PunisherSault - untitled (Black Is)Hum - InletJessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?clipping. - Visions of Bodies Being BurnedThe Mountain Goats - Getting Into KnivesEmma Ruth Rundle/Thou - May Our Chambers Be FullAesop Rock - Spirit World Field Guide
Pretty darn good:Soccer Mommy - color theoryWesterman - Your Hero Is Not DeadAutechre - SIGNOpen Mike Eagle - Anime, Trauma, and Divorce
― american primitive stylophone (zchyrs), Tuesday, 15 December 2020 15:12 (one month ago) link
Don't forget to get your nominations in for the real ilx poll: ILM's 2020 End of Year Tracks & Albums Poll / NOMINATIONS THREAD
― emil.y, Tuesday, 15 December 2020 17:49 (one month ago) link
3) SONIC YOUTH - Live In Moscow 1989
yes to this on OP. the between song / introductions are worth it alone
― Karl Malone, Tuesday, 15 December 2020 18:53 (one month ago) link
Late but really enjoyed Jordan’s list particularly the jazz section
― ILX’s bad boy (D-40), Tuesday, 15 December 2020 19:17 (one month ago) link
my tracks list is prob gonna be kept secret until the 77 (also it's an unwieldy mess, even more than usual!!!) but i've been working out my albums list on rym. there's still stuff missing because i have to revisit it, and the entire top 20 is tied for no. 1, but https://rateyourmusic.com/list/BradNelson/albums_2020_end/
― mellon collie and the infinite bradness (BradNelson), Saturday, 19 December 2020 15:51 (one month ago) link
For someone w effectively no rap that is an incredible list 500/5 stars
― ILX’s bad boy (D-40), Saturday, 19 December 2020 16:48 (one month ago) link
Whoa I hadn’t heard Charles Webster before, sweet
― brimstead, Saturday, 19 December 2020 16:54 (one month ago) link
there's a lot of rap on the tracks list but i admit rap albums completely passed me by this year
― mellon collie and the infinite bradness (BradNelson), Saturday, 19 December 2020 17:02 (one month ago) link
listened to a lot of rap albums this year and it was a down year tbh
plenty of excellent tracks, tho
― la table sur la table (voodoo chili), Saturday, 19 December 2020 17:03 (one month ago) link
thanks for doing this thread, Craig. here's what I wrote elsewhere:
I'm sure you're all dying for my yearly list of obscure music that nobody cares about, so here it is! Almost all of this stuff is on Bandcamp, so get to it. Tons of great releases this year, and as usual I've barely scratched the surface.
NEW IN 2020
Gigi Masin - Calypso - beach ambient bliss
Alex Dowling - Reality Rounds - astonishing choral electronics using autotune and other tricks
Nicolas Jaar - Cenizas - smoky late night club vibes
Rhucle - Middle/Nostalgia - more ambient bliss
75 Dollar Bill - Live At Tubby’s/Live At Cafe Oto/Live At Roulette - tour de force band pulls out all the stops on their desert blues jams
United Bible Studies - Roses In The Voltage I-IV - witchy weirdness and folky tunage
Horse Lords - The Common Task - basically really loud math rock in just intonation
Powers/Rolin Duo -S/T LP - dulcimer and 12-string ftw
Sault - Black Is - I was late to this, just a great band all around, check it
X - ALPHABETLAND - mastered too loud, but great nonetheless
Bailterspace- Concret - who woulda thought they’d make rock music this loud and dense in 2020
Sonic Boom - All Things Being Equal - shockingly good space rock comeback album RIYL S3
HAMA - Music From Saharan Whatsapp 08 - the best of the series, keyboard mindmelters
Jon Hassell - Seeing Through Sound (Pentimento Volume Two) - trumpet mutates, dissolves
Shirley Collins - Heart’s Ease - just the right blend of old and new, trad-folk with a psychedelic sheen
Nurse With Wound - Trippin’ Musik - long meditative pieces, very trippy indeed
Matthew J. Rolin - Ohio - truly excellent 12-string guitar work
Hailu Mergia - Yene Mircha - comeback albums keep popping up, keyboard jams
Mulatu Astatke & Black Jesus Experience - To Know Without Knowing - FUNKY and angry
Mekons - EXQUISITE - some really nice high points on this one, recorded separately in quarantine
N Chambers - Facets - dreamy synths, very creative
Edward Ka-Spel - A Red Winter Night’s Dream - typical but also excellent
Glass - Wilting In Mauve - This Heat worship, sure, but also fun!
Actress - Karma & Desire - R&B fragmented through a minimal techno lens
Tafi & Green Door Allstars - Ghana Glasgow Friendship - very cool Africa/Scotland collaboration
Tuluum Shimmering - Sister Ray Meets China Cat Sunflower Uptown/Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun - how is this guy the first person to come up with this (great) idea for radical reworkings of rock songs? infinite jams that exist outside of any normal timeframe.
75 Dollar Bill - Power Failures - studio work, not as essential as the live releases but still worth a listen
Sir Richard Bishop - Oneiric Formulary - only 3 tracks on Bandcamp, but sounds great
Lonnie Holley - National Freedom - free form improv poetry/music
Adrianne Lenker - Songs And Instrumentals - Big Thief singer goes solo
Spiral Galaxy - S/T - kosmiche overload from Plastic Crimewave guy
Shabazz Palaces - The Don Of Diamond Dreams - more of their murky modern urban sound
Tashi Dorji - Stateless - spiky thorny acoustic guitar explosions
Angel Bat Dawid - Transition East - great jazz single
Sarah Louise - Earth And Its Contents - moving away from guitar and into pure sound
Special Interest - The Passion Of - New Orleans dance/punk/funk
Sault - Rise - not quite as amazing as Black Is, but still excellent
Six Organs Of Admittance - Companion Rises - a few tracks up on Bandcamp, mellow and good
Arthur Russell - Sketches From World Of Echo - just incredible, cello dreams turned into sound
Trees - 50th Anniversary box - the original “acid folk” records, pretty much
Robert Turman - Chapter Eleven - staggering synth genius from the late 70’s-early 80’s
Sonic Youth - Rarities 1-3 - some really great cuts on these
Nurse With Wound - To The Quiet Men From A Tiny Girl LP and Merzbild Schwet LP - long awaited vinyl reissues
Sun Ra/June Tyson- Saturnian Queen of the Sun Ra Arkestra - great overview w/some good unreleased tracks
Prince - Sign ‘O The Times deluxe edition - what can I even say about this? essential
Neil Young - Archives 2 - same as above
Neil Young - Homegrown - if you aren’t gonna buy Archives 2, just get this - Ditch Part 4
Espers - The Weed Tree LP - I am SO glad this FINALLY got reissued, perfect psych/folk in every way
No Trend - box set - hateful nihilism was never this much fun
V/A - Vanity Demos - weird and weirdly formatted, but the Tolerance Demos are essential
Zoviet France - Chasse 2 box - just a god damn masterpiece, impeccable remastering and the two previously-unreleased records are very good
This Heat w/Mario Boyer DIekurroh/Albert Marcoeur - Untitled - another “FINALLY” in the reissue department
V/A - Music (Vanity 2LP) - really nice to see all the Vanity label stuff reissued, this is a great compilation of mystery Japanese bafflement
Sun City Girls - Live At Sky Church 2004 - idk wtf is going on here, it’s impressive that they can still put out things that don’t sound like anything else they did. this one is not for the faint-hearted.
V/A - How The River Ganges Flows: Sublime Masterpieces of Indian Violin, 1933-1952 - just what it says
Hiroshi Yoshimura - GREEN - more gorgeous ambient with extra twinkly sparkles
Coil - Musick To Play In The Dark - FINALLY a well-pressed vinyl version of this masterpiece, essential moon musick
The Ex - vinyl reissues on Superior Viaduct - amazing that they reprinted all the booklets and posters as well
― howls of non-specificity (sleeve), Saturday, 19 December 2020 17:15 (one month ago) link
― brimstead, Saturday, 19 December 2020 18:18 (one month ago) link
― brimstead, Saturday, 19 December 2020 18:19 (one month ago) link
― ILX’s bad boy (D-40), Tuesday, December 15, 2020 1:17 PM (four days ago) bookmarkflaglink
Thanks deej, glad to hear it <3
I didn't listen to much rap this year for a lot of reasons (getting lol old, but also listening mostly in headphones and not driving much), but I did like that Spillage Village (sort of the EarthGang's equivalent of Dungeon Family, right?) album and I've seen zero mention of that.
― change display name (Jordan), Saturday, 19 December 2020 18:22 (one month ago) link
brimstead I get a 404 error on that link
― howls of non-specificity (sleeve), Saturday, 19 December 2020 18:23 (one month ago) link
d'oh! was set to private, should be viewable now
― brimstead, Saturday, 19 December 2020 18:25 (one month ago) link
Just discovered this week the music of the Sleepers Poets Scientists collective from Tbilisi. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WvA12yWFcQ
― Yes Virginia, there really is a (Boring, Maryland), Saturday, 19 December 2020 18:58 (one month ago) link
Top 80 (first 14 ranked) w/ Bandcamp links to all:
― Soundslike, Saturday, 19 December 2020 19:26 (one month ago) link
The fifty-three months the year of 2020 have been... yeah. But musicians have carried us through.From the 300 LPs and EPs from 2020 I bought this year, here are my very favorites. I'll link to every album's @Bandcamp page in the thread below.What were your favorites? pic.twitter.com/7YXjbacQTG— Musicophilia (@musicophiliamix) November 26, 2020
― Soundslike, Saturday, 19 December 2020 19:27 (one month ago) link
I haven't made a list (yet) but I do have a Best of 2020 Spotify Playlist I can share:
― Loud guitars shit all over "Bette Davis Eyes" (NYCNative), Saturday, 19 December 2020 22:38 (one month ago) link
My singles: https://humanizingthevacuum.wordpress.com/2020/12/13/the-best-singles-of-2020/
― Patriotic Goiter (Alfred, Lord Sotosyn), Saturday, 19 December 2020 22:43 (one month ago) link
alfred thank you for your correct megan vote
― stylish but illegal (Simon H.), Saturday, 19 December 2020 23:01 (one month ago) link
― Patriotic Goiter (Alfred, Lord Sotosyn), Saturday, 19 December 2020 23:02 (one month ago) link
my list is so much like brad's it's not true
― Tim F, Friday, 25 December 2020 01:54 (one month ago) link
wrote about my favs
tracks: https://voodoochili.tumblr.com/post/638846348547014656/my-favorite-songs-of-2020albums: https://voodoochili.tumblr.com/post/639305980900950016/my-75-favorite-albums-of-2020
― shabbat bloody shabbat (voodoo chili), Sunday, 3 January 2021 17:09 (three weeks ago) link
i wish i'd gotten my shit together in enough time to actually write blurbs for my lists but the final* ones are here: https://hologramofthesenses.substack.com/p/alt2020end
*ilm 77 certain to mess with the integrity of this list over the next three weeks
― mellon collie and the infinite bradness (BradNelson), Sunday, 3 January 2021 17:23 (three weeks ago) link
a few songs and albums there will have my support!
― stylish but illegal (Simon H.), Sunday, 3 January 2021 23:23 (three weeks ago) link
Since I won't be voting in the main poll this year anyway, might as well post this unranked list (more like two-in-one) of 2020 highlights. Chances are I'll still be updating it in the coming weeks:
― pomenitul, Sunday, 3 January 2021 23:40 (three weeks ago) link
my grandma always says “if you don’t vote, you can’t complain” so keep that in mind, pom
― shabbat bloody shabbat (voodoo chili), Sunday, 3 January 2021 23:56 (three weeks ago) link
I've run out of complaints anyway, so I won't be transgressing that adage.
― pomenitul, Sunday, 3 January 2021 23:57 (three weeks ago) link
1. Yuko Araki, Live Recording 2019-2020 (Gerpfast)2. Marta Zapparoli, Sonata Per Eterna (Glistening Examples)3. Various Artists, Anthology of Experimental Music from Mexico (Unexplained Sounds)4. Stephen J. Malkmus, Traditional Techniques (Matador)5. Evicshen, Hair Birth (American Dreams)6. Various Artists, Alternate African Reality - Electronic, electroacoustic, and experimental music from Africa and the diaspora (Syrphe)7. The Soft Pink Truth, Shall We Go On Sinning, So That Grace May Increase? (Thrill Jockey)8. Moze Pray, A Whirling Hall of Knives (Somatic)9. Jason Crumer, S/T (Breathing Problem)10. Mark Morgan/Mike Khoury, Mark Morgan/Mike Khoury (Sound Holes)11. Brian Eno, Film Music 1976-2020 (UMC)12. Apologist, Anhedonia (No Rent)13. Monte Espina, conradios (self-released)14. Tafi & Green Door Allstars, Ghana Glasgow Fellowship (Optimo/Autonomous Africa)15. Rust Worship, Perpetuality (KVP)16. Vanessa Rossetto, Self-Care (Unfathomless)17. Ellen Fullman, Music for the Man Who Grew Common in Wisdom (Besom Presse)18. Sarah Hughes, i love this city and its outlying lands (Mappa)19. Robert Turman, Chapter Eleven (Hanson)20. Jeff Carey, index off (Self-Released)21. English, Democracy (AMPLIFY 2020)22. Simon Whetham, Forced to Repeat Myself (Misanthropic Agenda)23. Maria Chavez, EMPAC Sessions 1, 2020 (self-released)24. Arrington de Dionyso, LUNGS (self-released)25. The Necks, Three (Northern Spy)26. Jeff Tweedy, Love Is The King (dBpm)
1. Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah, “Guinnevere” (Stretch Music / Ropeadope)2. The Strokes, “The Adults Are Talking” (RCA)3. HAIM, "The Steps" (Columbia)4. Psychic Graveyard, “No” (Deathbomb Arc)5. STYLUCIPHER, "Pain" (Unexplained Sounds)6. Cloud Circuit, “A letter from the cloud eternal network” (Archive Officielle)7. Horse Lords, “Integral Accident” (Northern Spy)8. Snake Union & Hisham Bharoocha, “The Principle of Distinction” (Rat Route)9. Eiko Ishibashi, "Memory of Future" (self-released)10. Deerhoof, “‘Farewell’ Symphony” (Joyful Noise)11. Dan Ex Machina, “I Think You Should Consider Therapy” (self-released)12. Erik Griswold, “The Hive” (Room40)13. Gil-Scott Heron and Makaya McCraven, "Running" (XL)14. Fiona Apple, “I Want You To Love Me” (Sony)15. Phoebe Bridgers, “Kyoto” (Dead Oceans)16. Rabbit Hole 7, “Live Sound Meditation at Comanche Library” (Aural Atmospheres)17. JoAnn McNeil, "Lavender Skies" (self-released)18. Elizabeth Veldon, “and what was in those ships all three (self-released)19. Boldy James feat. Freddie Gibbs, “S.N.O.R.T.” (ALC)20. Beatriz Ferreyra, “Echoes” (Room40)21. Ela Minus, “do whatever you want, all the time” (Domino)22. Model Home, “Grip” (Disciples)23. Mike Shiflet, "(for Erik Hoffman)" (Skeleton Dust)24. Hallelujah!, “Minipony” (Maple Death)25. Drake, “Toosie Slide” (OVO)26. Autechre, "TM1 open" (Warp)
― Everything's Blue In This Whorl (Raymond Cummings), Monday, 4 January 2021 00:40 (three weeks ago) link
thank you! Robert Turman and that Tafi/GDA records are both super fab and made my list as well, looking forward to checking those out
― howls of non-specificity (sleeve), Monday, 4 January 2021 00:44 (three weeks ago) link
I admire the genre-specific approach but at this point (for me) it all gets lumped together into what I like most in general, in track and album lists of 25.
Maybe for 2021 I'll consider tracking "new to me" non-2021 releases - that's an interesting metric.
― Everything's Blue In This Whorl (Raymond Cummings), Monday, 4 January 2021 00:45 (three weeks ago) link
The Turman is a lot of fun, but it's a LOT, you know?
The Tafi record - I feel like someone had that in their top ten on FB in the past month or so and I kinda randomly checked it out and was blown away.
― Everything's Blue In This Whorl (Raymond Cummings), Monday, 4 January 2021 00:46 (three weeks ago) link
that might have been me!
it is very good
and yeah the Turman is an overdose, but in a good way
― howls of non-specificity (sleeve), Monday, 4 January 2021 00:47 (three weeks ago) link
I have a provisional list of 75 albums, but it will be added to over the next month(s) as I'm playing catch up but if anyone wants to see it you can go here https://pastebin.com/npNdzJnW
I also have a Spotify playlist with most of the albums on it that are available. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0Ex35eRCgzaDW8fEdbzDqC?si=_nCdtJ2yQ5Cx8aV24oCJJA
― Oor Neechy, Monday, 4 January 2021 00:50 (three weeks ago) link
I haven't compiled a list yet though I do have a Spotify playlist...
This is my @Spotify playlist of my favorite songs culled from the 113 albums that came out in 2020 that I purchased or plan on doing so. Maybe others will enjoy it!https://t.co/229kKG5Jsv #NowPlaying— Brian O'Neill (@NYC__Native) January 5, 2021
― Loud guitars shit all over "Bette Davis Eyes" (NYCNative), Tuesday, 5 January 2021 17:47 (three weeks ago) link
And now I have compiled a list... Two of them to be exact.
Metal Albums of 2020 pic.twitter.com/3SJhWRAP7D— Brian O'Neill (@NYC__Native) January 6, 2021
Metal Albums of 2020 pic.twitter.com/SqiFmaz7uf— Brian O'Neill (@NYC__Native) January 6, 2021
Non-Metal Albums of 2020 pic.twitter.com/rO4JfItdgp— Brian O'Neill (@NYC__Native) January 6, 2021
― Loud guitars shit all over "Bette Davis Eyes" (NYCNative), Wednesday, 6 January 2021 04:40 (three weeks ago) link
Ugh, those didn't propagate correctly. Here's a C&P.
Metal Albums of 2020
1. Paysage d'Hiver - Im Wald (Kunsthall Produktionen)2. Dola - Dola (Independent)3. Duma - Duma (Nyege Nyege Tapes)4. Crippled Black Phoenix - Ellengæst (Season of Mist)5. Thy Catafalque - Naiv (Season of Mist)6. Imperial Triumphant - Alphaville (Century Media)7. Cirith Ungol - Forever Black (Metal Blade Records)8. Sólstafir - Endless Twilight of Co-Dependent Love (Season of Mist)9. Emma Ruth Rundle & Thou - May Our Chambers Be Full (Sacred Bones)10. Oranssi Pazuzu - Mestarin Kynsi (Nuclear Blast America)11. Krallice - Mass Cathexis (Hathenter)12. Lucifer - III (Century Media)13. Maggot Heart - Mercy Machine (Rapid Eye Records)14. Rebel Wizard - Magickal Mystical Indifference (Prosthetic)15. Melted Bodies - Enjoy Yourself (Sweatband Records)16. Napalm Death - Throes of Joy in the Jaws of Defeatism (Century Media)17. Early Moods - Spellbound (Dying Victim Productions)18. Liturgy - Origin Of The Alimonies (YLYLCYN)19. Feminazgûl - No Dawn For Men (Independent)20. Mesarthim - Degenerate Era (Avantgarde Music)21. Fluisteraars - Bloem (Eisenwald)22. Lotus Thief - Oresteia (Prophecy)23. Witching - Vernal (Independent)24. Zeal & Ardor - Wake of a Nation [EP] (Zeal & Ardor)25. Horn - Mohngang (Iron Bonehead)26. Ensiferum - Thalassic (Metal Blade Records)27. Smoulder - Dream Quest Ends [EP] (Cruz Del Sur Music)28. Serpent Omega - II (Icons Creating Evil Art)29. Myrkur - Folkesange (Relapse Records)30. Triptykon - Requiem (Live At Roadburn 2019) (Century Media)31. Wolftooth - Valhalla (Ripple Music)32. Eye of Nix - Ligeia (Prophecy)33. Of Feather And Bone - Sulfuric Disintegration (Profound Lore)34. Frayle - 1692 (Aqualamb Records)35. Chrome Waves - Where We Live (Disorder Recordings)36. Evangelist - Ad Mortem Festinamus (Nine Records)37. Protokult - Transcending The Ruins (Self-Released)38. Warbringer - Weapons Of Tomorrow (Napalm Records)39. Griiim - Bête Immonde (Purity Through Fire)40. Eternal Champion - Ravening Iron (No Remorse Records)41. Drottinn - Í helgum dýrðar ljóma (Terratur Possessions)42. Onslaught - Generation Antichrist (AFM Records)43. Venom Prison - Primeval (Prosthetic Records)44. Insect Ark - The Vanishing (Profound Lore)45. Cosmic Burial - Impakt (Purity Through Fire)46. Finntroll - Vredesvävd (Century Media)47. Macabre - Carnival Of Killers (Nuclear Blast)48. Tombs - Under Sullen Skies (Season of Mist)49. Lili Refrain - ULU (Subsound Records)50. AC/DC - Power Up (Columbia Records)51. Total Fucking Destruction - ...to be alive at the end of the world (Translation Loss)52. Children of Technology - Written Destiny (Hells Headbangers)53. Black Magnet - Hallucination Scene (20 Buck Spin)54. Eternal Rot - Putridarium (Godz ov War Productions)55. Vile Creature - Glory, Glory! Apathy Took Helm! (Prosthetic)56. Couch Slut - Take A Chance On Rock 'n' Roll (Gilead Media)57. Nechochwen / Panopticon - Split (Bindrune Recordings)58. Sightless Pit - Grave of a Dog (Thrill Jockey Records)59. Paradise Lost - Obsidian (Nuclear Blast America)60. Barfbag - Let's Stop a War (Stay Gold Records)61. Lingua Ignota - The Caligula Demos (Self-Released)62. Dead Neanderthals - Blood Rite (Utech Records)63. Pig Destroyer - The Octagonal Stairway [EP] (Relapse Records)64. Empyrean Grace - Bestowment of the Seraphic Key (Haeresis Noviomagi)65. Boris - No (Fangs Anal Satan)66. Violet Cold - Noir Kid (Independent)67. Hyborian - Volume II (Season of Mist)68. Celestial Season - The Secret Teachings (Burning World)69. Pyrrhon - Abscess Time (Willowtip Records)70. At The Altar Of The Horned God - Through Doors of Moonlight (I, Voidhanger)71. Uniform - Shame (Sacred Bones Records)72. Yatra - All is Lost (Grimoire Records)73. Drown - Subaqueous (Prophecy)74. Mesarthim - Planet Nine [EP] (Avantgarde Music)75. Tombs - Monarchy of Shadows [EP] (Season of Mist)76. Haunt - Mind Freeze (Shadow Kingdom)77. Ihsahn - Telemark [EP] (Spinefarm)78. Riot - Rock World (Rare & Unreleased 87-95) (Metal Blade)79. Yatra - Blood of the Night (STB Records)80. Skepticism - Alloy (Reissue) (Svart Records)
Non-Metal Albums of 2020
1. Nick Cave - Nick Cave Alone at Alexandra Palace (Bad Seed)2. She Hates Emotions - Melancholic Maniac (Out Of Line Music)3. Human Impact - Human Impact (Ipecac Recordings)4. Backxwash - God Has Nothing To Do With This Leave Him Out Of It (Independent)5. Strangelight - Adult Themes (Rad Girlfriend Records)6. Idles - Ultra Mono (Partisan Records)7. Ötzi - Storm (Artoffact Records)8. Fotocrime - South of Heaven (Profound Lore)9. Black Rose Burning - The Year Of The Scorpion (Self-Released)10. Vincas - Phantasma (Learning Curve Records)11. The Guilt - New Knives (Heptown Records)12. CLT DRP - Without the Eyes (Small Pond)13. Eye Flys - Tub of Lard (Thrill Jockey Records)14. Wire - Hive Mind (Pink Flag)15. Lydia Loveless - Daughter (Honey, You're Gonna Be Late)16. The Unfit - The Unfit (Share It Music)17. Bloods - Seattle (Share It Music)18. Rachel Lark - Sex and Balances (Self-Released)19. C Trip A - Ozzy Nights (Translation Loss Records)20. Wasted Shirt - Fungus II (Famous Class Records)21. Cumgirl8 - Cumgirl8 (Muddguts Records)22. The Mountain Goats - Getting Into Knives (Merge Records)23. Sci-Fi Romance - The Rain Becomes a River (Broken Image)24. D.O.A. - Treason (Sudden Death)25. Mustard Gas And Roses - We Are One (Pax Aeternum Digital)26. Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts VI Locusts (The Null Corporation)27. Jarboe - Illusory (Consouling Sounds)28. Alice Bag - Sister Dynamite (In the Red Records)29. Agrabatti - Beyond the Sun (Interstellar Smoke Records)30. Backxwash - Stigmata (Independent)31. Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts V Together (The Null Corporation)32. Lady Gaga - Chromatica (Interscope Records)33. Lucid Child - My Universe (Lucid Child)
― Loud guitars shit all over "Bette Davis Eyes" (NYCNative), Wednesday, 6 January 2021 04:42 (three weeks ago) link
top 25 albums
special interest - the passion ofchubby & the gang - speed killsmegan thee stallion - good newsboldy james - manger on mcnicholsplayboi carti - whole lotta redmax b - wave packflo milli - ho, why is you here?bbymutha - muthalandindia jordan - for youthe microphones - microphones in 2020horse lords - the common taskroisin murphy - roisin machinebeverly glenn-copeland - live at le guess who?crack cloud - pain olympicsloving - if i am only my thoughtssoccer mommy - color theorycontainer - scramblersimaginary softwoods - annual flowers in colornight lunch - s/thaim - women in musichome blitz - all through the yearpeel - kmrutheo parrish - wuddajigarcia peoples - nightcap at wit's endla china del gasolina - s/t
― flopson, Wednesday, 6 January 2021 05:29 (three weeks ago) link
I did a bedroom livestream countdown of my favourite tracks of the year
If anyone wants to, they can listen back to the show on Mixcloud (presented in three parts) here: https://mixcloud.com/cframe/
IT'S THE HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE STOIC SHOW END-OF-YEAR TOP 50 TRACKS COUNTDOWN 2020
1. SAULT - Wildfires2. Sarkodie - Oofeets3. 70 SHIINE - Domino4. Saronde ft. Idd Aziz - Firewood5. iMarkkeyz, DJ Suede The Remix God - Lose Yo Job6. Dadi Freyr - Think About Things7. Eddie Chacon - Wicked World8. Pye Corner Audio - Resist (John Talabot Remix)9. Beverly Glenn-Copeland - Sunset Village10. Midas the Jagaban - Party With A Jagaban11. Burna Boy - Wonderful12. Autechre - gr413. Problem Child - Nasty Up14. Lila Ike - Where I'm Coming From15. Admas - Astawesalehu16. Kiko Bun - Bad Boy Tenor17. Felbm - Filatelie18. Tiwa Savage - Dangerous Love19. Koffee - Lockdown20. Plone - Miniature Magic21. Viagra Boys - Ain't Nice22. Bella Boo - She's Back! (Off The Meds Remix)23. Kabza De Small, DJ Maphorisa etc - eMcimbini24 Machalii Watandu, Fido Vato - Mbaya Nimbaya Hamnaga Nzuri25. Rachael Dadd - We Build Our Houses Well26. TeeZandos - Highlander27. Makola - Everyday Legend28. DANDANA - Free The System!29. Patrick, Wayne Marshall - Can't Fly30. MC Waraba - Djoro (Bertho Vs Sheitan Brothers Remix)31. Minor Science - For Want of Gelt32. Chronixx - Dela Move33. HENGE - Get Outta Ma House34. Pongo - Quem Manda No Mic35. Dakar Audio Club, FOLU - Moonlight36. Siti Muharam - Nyuki37. Py & Tendril - Belong38. Ahmed Ben Ali - Subhana39. corto.alto - Squonk40. Beatking - Then Leave (feat. Queendome Come)41. Lorenzo_BITW, MC Yallah, Swordman Kitala - Basta42. Lianne La Havas - Weird Fishes43. Adekunle Gold, Patoranking - Pretty Girl44. Rema - Woman45. Reuben Vaun Smith - Photosynthesizer46. Fireboy DML - Favourite Song47. Mr Pacho Vibes System - Candela Gal48. Swing Ting ft. Trigga - Swagger & Flex - Sam Binga Remix49. WS80 - You Lose50. SAULT - I Just Want To Dance
PT.1, 50-37 - https://www.mixcloud.com/cframe/thssseoycd-stoic-show-top-50-tracks-of-2020-pt-1-50-35/
PT.2, 36-22 - https://www.mixcloud.com/cframe/thssseoyt50cd-pt2-stoic-show-top-50-tracks-of-2020-36-22/
PT.3, 21-1 - https://www.mixcloud.com/cframe/thssseoycd-stoic-show-top-50-tracks-of-2020-pt-1-50-35/
And here's a more extensive Spotify Top 100 if you'd rather not hear me blabbing on:https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6BCIwFyyTvyq8phGlJbqPe?si=MH7rNU60Tz6lHil0bdewnw
― Specific Ocean Blue (dog latin), Wednesday, 6 January 2021 09:07 (three weeks ago) link
great lists everybodygonna go through these today
― nxd, Thursday, 7 January 2021 10:11 (two weeks ago) link
Guysssss, this is taking all the surprises out of the poll. Come on. Do some lobbying and voting, don't show your cards so early.
ILM's 2020 End of Year Tracks & Albums Poll / VOTING AND CAMPAIGNING THREAD
― emil.y, Thursday, 7 January 2021 12:06 (two weeks ago) link
― imago, Thursday, 7 January 2021 13:12 (two weeks ago) link
there's always the option of not reading this thread until after the poll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
― boz conspiracy by toby hus (voodoo chili), Thursday, 7 January 2021 13:20 (two weeks ago) link
20 fave songs, in reverse order for playlist / mixtape purposesmuch of it not nominated, so feels safe to share
20. Liv.e • I Been Livin19. Yaeji • Never Settling Down18. The Bats • Red Car17. Kaash Paige • Mrs. Lonely16. No Joy • Nothing Will Hurt15. Tiwa Savage • Dangerous Love14. Katie Gately • Waltz13. The Psychedelic Furs • Ash Wednesday12. Victoria Monét • Touch Me11. Loraine James feat. Jonnine • Don’t You See It10. Bob Dylan • I’ve Made Up My Mind To Give Myself To You9. Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever • She’s There8. Cleo Sol • Her Light7. Chloe x Halle • Ungodly Hour6. KeiyaA • Hvnli / Hvnli (Reprise)5. Cindy Lee • Heavy Metal4. Zeroh • Aquamane3. Perfume Genius • Describe2. Katie Dey • Dancing1. Pantayo • Kaingin
― swing out sister: live in new donk city (geoffreyess), Tuesday, 12 January 2021 00:10 (two weeks ago) link
Some great stuff on that list! I'll check out the tracks I don't know. (I nominated Kaash Paige's "London," and didn't want to nom more than one track from a single album - but "Mrs. Lonely" is a fave, as well...)
― Four Jacks and a Jill (morrisp), Tuesday, 12 January 2021 00:16 (two weeks ago) link
It was your posts on the r&b thread that led me there, so thanks! Might have to vote for "London" but "Mrs. Lonely" has definitely been the one, recently.
― swing out sister: live in new donk city (geoffreyess), Tuesday, 12 January 2021 01:21 (two weeks ago) link