post here whenever you spot some bright industry spark chucking together a quick cash-in on a hunch
― r|t|c, Friday, 26 August 2011 13:37 (1 year ago) Permalink
Disc 1On The Floor (Club Edit) - Jennifer LopezWe No Speak Americano - Yolanda Be Cool vs DCupShe Bangs - Ricky MartinWhenever, Wherever - ShakiraHot - InnaRhythm Gonna Get You - Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound MachineCopacabana (At The Copa) - Barry ManilowAll Night Long (All Night) - Lionel RichieHey Sexy Lady - Shaggy Ft. Brian & Tony GoldMambo Italiano - ShaftMacarena - Los Del Rios(Mucho Mambo) Sway - ShaftLa Bamba - Los LobasBamboleo - Gipsy KingRan Kan Kan - Tito PuenteCarnaval 2010 - Dario GMaria Maria - Santana Ft. The Product G&BYou Promised Me - In-GridMiss California - Dante ThomasLa Camisa Negra - JuanesCoco Jamboo - Mr President
Disc 2Stereo Love - Edward Maya & Vika JigulinaAlejandro - Lady GagaBailamos - Enrique IglesiasSway - The Pussycat DollsTe Amo - RihannaMambo No.5 (A Little Bit Of...) - Lou BegaLet's Get Loud - Jennifer LopezRhythm Of the Night - DebargeGuantanamera - Wyclef JeanQuando Quando Quando - Connie FrancisGuaglione - Perez Prado And His OrchestraSoul Bossa Nova - Quincy Jones & His OrchestraSpanish Eyes - Engelbert HumperdinckSamba Pa Ti - SantanaMambo - Helena PaparizouInside Out - Imelda MayAnnie, I'm Not Your Daddy - Kid CreoleMe Rio De Ti - Gloria TreviMas Que Nada - Sergio Mendes Ft. The Black Eyed PeasDont Let Me Be Misunderstood - Santa Esmeralda Feat. Leroy GomezNah Neh Nah - Vaya Con Dios vs Rico Bernasconi
― r|t|c, Friday, 26 August 2011 13:38 (1 year ago) Permalink
i think the iron is heating up for "now that's what i call vibe music"
― some dude, Friday, 26 August 2011 13:38 (1 year ago) Permalink
lol @ "track 3: she bangs, of course"
― some dude, Friday, 26 August 2011 13:39 (1 year ago) Permalink
1. Bloc Party The Prayer2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs Cheated Hearts3. Sonic Youth Do You Believe in Rapture?4. The Shins Phantom Limb5. Spoon Underdog6. Bright Eyes Four Winds7. Cat Power Lived in Bars8. Neko Case and the Sadies Hold On, Hold On9. Of Montreal Heimdalsgate Like A Promethean Curse10. Deerhoof The Perfect Me11. The Hold Steady Chips Ahoy!12. Cold War Kids Hang Me Up To Dry13. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists Colleen14. M. Ward Chinese Translation15. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah Satan Said Dance
― brrr-icane aye-rene (Whiney G. Weingarten), Friday, 26 August 2011 13:44 (1 year ago) Permalink
― some dude, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:38 (1 minute ago) Bookmark
well yeah this is kinda what i was dimly getting at on the low, these same little nerdy stock market bets played out on an anonymous ultra commercial locust level
obv 'latino summer' is more lol than brilliant feat of intuition but still, if you build it they will come rite
― r|t|c, Friday, 26 August 2011 13:46 (1 year ago) Permalink
Something for the dads:
TRACKLIST01. Wish You Were Here [03:39]02. Brain Damage [04:06]03. Mother [04:25]04. Money [03:56]05. Time [04:18]06. Another Brick In The Wall [03:28]07. Pigs On The Wing [01:58]08. Shine On You Crazy Diamond [03:47]09. Comfortable Numb [04:20]10. Hey You [03:41]11. Learning To Fly [04:05]12. The Great Gig In The Sky [02:41]
― Matt DC, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:05 (1 year ago) Permalink
(I'm aware this isn't 100% in the spirit of the thread, I've been looking for an excuse to post that for a while)
― Matt DC, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:06 (1 year ago) Permalink
lolcomps are fine too tbh
― r|t|c, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:20 (1 year ago) Permalink
I'm liking the dead-eyed cynicism of this one:
Firework - Katy PerryEdge of Glory - Lady GagaI'm Into You - Jennifer Lopez ft. Lil WayneOnly Girl (In The World) - RihannaDon't Hold Your Breath - Nicole ScherzingerCan't Be Tamed - Miley CyrusDon't Know Why - SoundGirlBad Boys - Alexandra Burke...Baby One More Time - Britney SpearsFight For This Love - Cheryl ColeSo What - P!nkWalk This Way - Sugababes vs. Girls Aloud Starlight - WonderlandBeautiful - Christina AguileraPyramid - Charice ft. Iyaz Breaking Free - SkylaImpossible - ShontellePretty Girl Rock - Keri HilsonGirls - SugababesDon't Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go) - NoisettesWork - Kelly RowlandDisc 2
Price Tag - Jessie JMr. Saxobeat - Alexandra StanCalifornia King Bed - RihannaNotorious - The SaturdaysSun Is Up - InnaSan Francisco - CascadaLouder - Parade Beat Of My Drum - Nicola RobertsTiK ToK - Ke$haGet Outta My Way - Kylie Minogue Who Says - Selena Gomez & The SceneEverybody Dance - Kimberley WalshFoolin' - Dionne Bromfield ft. Lil TwistTurn it Up - Pixie LottStarry Eyed - Ellie GouldingMercy - DuffySmile - Lily Allen Sway - The Pussycat DollsLong Hot Summer - Girls AloudSweet About Me - Gabriella CilmiFree - Dani Harmer
― Matt DC, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:20 (1 year ago) Permalink
X-Ray Spex — Identity Sex Pistols — Anarchy In The U.K Jilted John — Jilted John Lene Lovich — Lucky Number The Jam — Going Underground Siouxsie And The Banshees — Spellbound (12″ Mix) The Fall — Bingo–Master’s Break-Out! John Cooper Clarke — Innocents Slaughter And The Dogs — Where Have All The Boot Boys Gone G.B.H. — Race Against Time Anti–Nowhere League — Loser The Jam — In The City Sex Pistols — Pretty Vacant Discharge — Protest And Survive Sham 69 — If The Kids Are United Stiff Little Fingers — Beirut Moon Tenpole Tudor — Wunderbar Toy Dolls — Nellie The Elephant
― NickB, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:24 (1 year ago) Permalink
would love to have been party to the latino summer brainstorming sesh
"shitttt one more... ah faithful coco jambo, you never let me down"
― r|t|c, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:24 (1 year ago) Permalink
Given that there's a shitty salsa night on every High Street in Britain I reckon that Latino comp will do alright. It's on the front page of Tesco.com right now.
― Matt DC, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:25 (1 year ago) Permalink
omg @ that national trust one
― some jock-bully out to take down the hipsters (history mayne), Friday, 26 August 2011 14:26 (1 year ago) Permalink
― r|t|c, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:27 (1 year ago) Permalink
is zumba a copyrighted term or something, i am being disappointed by the lack of dedicated comps
― r|t|c, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:29 (1 year ago) Permalink
who better to sort the wheat from the chaff
― r|t|c, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:30 (1 year ago) Permalink
Oh man I have a humdinger coming up...
― Matt DC, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:31 (1 year ago) Permalink
It's the comps that are all "Best Dad In The World" with a football on the front that depress me the most.
― Why'd You Wanna Tweet Me So Bad? (dog latin), Friday, 26 August 2011 14:32 (1 year ago) Permalink
"To show how much YOU care"
― Why'd You Wanna Tweet Me So Bad? (dog latin), Friday, 26 August 2011 14:34 (1 year ago) Permalink
I was checking the "dovecoats" for legitimacy (and it's genuine)..
.. and found this:
"I would like to be able to trust the National Trust but from this point forward I cant. I was very proud to collaborate with The National Trust back in 2003 and voice a radio advert for them. No one however has even spoke to myself or my management or had a conversation with myself or my management about this album. Never Mind The.... Permission. Thievery as I have always thought seems to come from very high places. Whatever happened to the art of conversation. As of yet I am still not sure what the game is in all this. I love my England, my honest England. My heart is true but this particular situation seems deeply sneaky and we are waiting to be supplied with information on this chain of events and the answer better be good" John Lydon, August 4th 2011
I was very proud to collaborate with The National Trust back in 2003 and voice a radio advert for them.
No one however has even spoke to myself or my management or had a conversation with myself or my management about this album. Never Mind The.... Permission.
Thievery as I have always thought seems to come from very high places. Whatever happened to the art of conversation.
As of yet I am still not sure what the game is in all this.
I love my England, my honest England.
My heart is true but this particular situation seems deeply sneaky and we are waiting to be supplied with information on this chain of events and the answer better be good"
John Lydon, August 4th 2011
― Mark G, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:34 (1 year ago) Permalink
disc 11. Coffee and TV - Blur2. The Fun Lovin' Criminal - Fun Lovin' Criminals3. Alright - Supergrass4. Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols (The)5. Freakin' Out - Graham Coxon6. Just Because - Jane's Addiction7. Whatever Happened to My Rock 'n' Roll (Punk Song) - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club8. Stone Wobble - Gomez9. Ghost Town - Specials (The)10. More Than This - Roxy Music11. Simply Irresistible - Robert Palmer12. Empty Rooms - Gary Moore13. Rock 'n' Roll Dreams Come Through - Meat Loaf14. Rebel Yell - Billy Idol15. Something Better Change - Stranglers (The)16. Roll Over Beethoven - Electric Light Orchestra17. Fireball - Deep Purple18. Unbelievable - EMF19. The One and Only - Chesney Hawkes20. Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me) - Steve Harley & Cockney Rebeldisc 21. Peaches - Stranglers (The)2. Mony Mony - Billy Idol3. 2 4 6 8 Motorway - Tom Robinson Band4. Motor Bikin' - Chris Spedding5. Hey You - Quireboys (London Quireboys)6. This Planet's on Fire (Burn in Hell) - Sammy Hagar7. Motorhead - Motörhead8. 747 (Strangers in the Night) - Saxon9. Gimme Some Lovin' - Thunder10. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake11. Out in the Fields - Gary Moore12. Your Mama Don't Dance - Poison13. Doctor Doctor - UFO14. Comin' on Strong - Broken English15. Some Like It Hot - Power Station (The)16. Let's Stick Together - Bryan Ferry17. Spread Your Love - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club18. Scooby Snacks - Fun Lovin' Criminals19. There's No Other Way - Blur20. Pumping on Your Stereo - Supergrass
― r|t|c, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:36 (1 year ago) Permalink
is this what mondeo man has become??
OMG the national trust one OMG
― lex pretend, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:36 (1 year ago) Permalink
5/5 review on Amazon by 'Hutchy':
That great institution - the pub - appears to be in decline as more and more premises convert to `trendy' bars.
OK, you still get music played, but it's all so repetitive and mind-numbingly loud that you can't hear yourself think.
That wasn't the case with pubs, and anything that keeps the memory of proper pubs - with juke boxes - alive can only be a good thing.
Such is the case with this collection, with the type of music that you'd like to listen to whilst having a few pints with the mates.
All types of music are gathered here: from the coffee bars with The James Bond Theme; through the sixties with the likes of The Animals and The Beach Boys and even a couple of rock and roll hits and easy listening from Eddie Cochran and Frank Sinatra.
Diva anthems from Shirley Bassey, seventies hits from ELO, Cozy Powell, Mud etc etc.
Eighties and beyond with The Human League, Ultravox... the list goes on.
THIS is the type of stuff we want to hear on a night out.
By the way, mine's a pint!
Disc 1Don't You Want Me (Original Version) - The Human LeagueThe Reflex - Duran DuranGold - Spandau BalletDancing With Tears In My Eyes - UltravoxSouvenir - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The DarkSimply Irresistible - Robert PalmerGeno - Dexy's Midnight RunnersCall Me - BlondieIt Ain't What You Do It's The Way That You Do It - Fun Boy Three & BananaramaToo Much Too Young - The SpecialsRed Red Wine (Edit) - UB40Angel Eyes - Roxy MusicGolden Brown - The StranglersWild Wild Life - Talking HeadsChina In Your Hand - T'PauThe Whole Of The Moon - The WaterboysAlive And Kicking (Edit) - Simple MindsAlone - Big Country(We Want) The Same Thing - Belinda CarlisleDo You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club
Disc 2All The Young Dudes - Mott The HoopleYou Sexy Thing (Single Version) - Hot ChocolateToo Shy - KajagoogooKids In America - Kim WildeMake Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) - Steve Harley & Cockney RebelRoll Over Beethoven - Electric Light OrchestraMotor Bikin' - Chris SpeddingHi Ho Silver Lining - Jeff BeckDance With The Devil - Cozy PowellDyna-Mite - MudDevil Gate Drive - Suzi QuatroMy Sharona - The KnackCenterfold - The J Geils Band2-4-6-8 Motorway - The Tom Robinson BandMilk And Alcohol (1978 Recording) - Dr FeelgoodWe Close Our Eyes - Go WestSome Like It Hot - The Power StationWhite Wedding - Part 1 - Billy IdolDirty Love - ThunderBlack Night - Deep Purple
Disc 3Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through - Meat LoafHere I Go Again (USA Remix) - WhitesnakeSmoke On The Water (1971 Recording) - Deep Purple(Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster CultMony Mony (Downtown Mix) - Billy IdolEver Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)? - BuzzcocksPeaches - The StranglersThe Passenger - Iggy PopSenses Working Overtime - XTCKayleigh - MarillionReal Real Real - Jesus JonesUnbelievable - EMFKyrie - Mr MisterShe's A Wind Up - Dr FeelgoodWalking On Sunshine - Katrina & The WavesWe Belong - Pat BenatarWheels Of Steel - SaxonHey You (Live) - The QuireboysDoctor Doctor (Edit) - UFOSilver Machine (Original Single Version) (Live At The Roundhouse London) - Hawkwind
Disc 4Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinéad O'ConnorTrue - Spandau BalletVienna - UltravoxSleeping Satellite (7'' Version) - Tasmin ArcherI Got You Babe - UB40 Featuring Chrissie HyndeGhost Town - The SpecialsPeople Everyday - Arrested DevelopmentBlack Man Ray - China CrisisMissing You (Single Version) - John WaiteChicago - Tony BennettCome Fly With Me - Frank SinatraBig Spender - Shirley BasseyJames Bond Theme (2003 Digital Remaster) - The John Barry Seven & OrchestraSummertime Blues - Eddie CochranThe House Of The Rising Sun - The AnimalsGood Vibrations (Mono Version) - The Beach Boys5-4-3-2-1 - Manfred MannI'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The ProclaimersWhen You Walk In The Room - Paul CarrackMercy Mercy Me/I Want You (Medley) - Robert Palmer
Disc 5Alright - SupergrassDrinking In LA - Bran Van 3000Drop Dead Gorgeous - RepublicaBaby Come Back - Pato Banton & The Reggae RevolutionHeaven Is A Place On Earth - Carlisle, BelindaFrench Kissin' In The USA (edit) - Harry, DeborahRio - Duran DuranTemptation - Heaven 17Love Is The Drug - Roxy MusicView From A Bridge - Wilde, KimBitch - Brooks, MeredithPower Of Love - Lewis, Huey & The NewsRush Hour - Wiedlin, JaneNutbush City Limits - Turner, Ike & TinaHanging On The Telephone - BlondieTubthumping - ChumbawambaGertcha - Chas & DaveI Am A Cider Drinker (Paloma Blanca) - WurzelsLetter From America (acoustic version) - ProclaimersKiss Me - Duffy, Stephen
Disc 6Stop - ErasureRespectable - Mel & KimHey You The Rock Steady Crew (1983 recording) - Rock Steady CrewLet's Stick Together - Ferry, BryanThat's The Way (I Like It) - KC & The Sunshine BandTiger Feet - MudCan The Can - Quatro, SuziDisco Queen - Hot ChocolateTogether In Electric Dreams - Oakey, Philip & Giorgio MoroderKarma Chameleon - Culture ClubGet It On (Bang A Gong) (7' mix) - Power StationIf This Is It - Lewis, Huey & The NewsUnion City Blue (single version) - BlondieToday - Talk TalkRoad To Nowhere - Talking HeadsGimme Some Lovin' - ThunderRebel Yell - Idol, BillyCaught By The Fuzz - SupergrassBlack Betty - Ram JamGood Heart A - Sharkey, Feargal
― Matt DC, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:38 (1 year ago) Permalink
There is genuinely no rhyme or reason at all to that compilation and I can only imagine it selling to dudes who have not been allowed to go the pub in at least five years.
― Matt DC, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:40 (1 year ago) Permalink
― NickB, Friday, 26 August 2011 14:40 (1 year ago) Permalink
1. BLONDIE - Call Me2. KIM WILDE - Kids In America3. KATRINA AND THE WAVES - Walking On Sunshine4. DEBBIE HARRY - I Want That Man5. DIVINYLS - I Touch Myself6. TRANSVISION VAMP - I Want Your Love7. ROXETTE - Dressed For Success8. PAULA ABDUL - Straight Up9. BANANARAMA - Cruel Summer10. OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN - Physical11. GLORIA GAYNOR - I Will Survive12. PAT BENATAR - Love Is A Battlefield13. MEREDITH BROOKS - Bitch14. TINA TURNER - Private Dancer15. ALANNAH MYLES - Black Velvet16. THE GO-GO'S - Our Lips Are Sealed17. WILSON PHILLIPS - Hold On18. HEART - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You19. THE MOTELS - Total Control20. GRACE JONES - Slave To The Rhythm
― etc, Friday, 26 August 2011 17:53 (1 year ago) Permalink
gotta be fucking kidding me
― some jock-bully out to take down the hipsters (history mayne), Friday, 26 August 2011 18:02 (1 year ago) Permalink
gotta be fucking kidding me― some jock-bully out to take down the hipsters (history mayne), Friday, 26 August 2011 19:02 (1 week ago) Bookmark
― some jock-bully out to take down the hipsters (history mayne), Friday, 26 August 2011 19:02 (1 week ago) Bookmark
― It was a Thursday night. I was working late... (dog latin), Tuesday, 6 September 2011 09:05 (1 year ago) Permalink
The track selection fucking nails it... but what??
― It was a Thursday night. I was working late... (dog latin), Tuesday, 6 September 2011 09:06 (1 year ago) Permalink
Disc: 11. Queen - I Want To Break Free2. Ronan Keating - Life Is A Rollercoaster3. Bangles - Manic Monday4. Aretha Franklin - Respect5. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive6. The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup7. The Monkees - Daydream Believer8. Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman9. The Beach Boys - Help Me Rhonda10. Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
Disc: 21. Kylie Minogue - Spinning Around2. Irene Cara - Fame3. Diana Ross - Chain Reaction4. The Weather Girls - It’s Raining Men5. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun6. Phil Collins & Philip Bailey - Easy Lover7. Tina Turner - The Best8. Kenny Loggins - Footloose9. Tiffany - I Think We’re Alone Now10. KC & The Sunshine Band - Give It Up
― It was a Thursday night. I was working late... (dog latin), Tuesday, 6 September 2011 09:18 (1 year ago) Permalink
Disc: 11. Don't Stop Me Now - Queen2. Mr Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra3. That's All - Genesis4. Down Under - Men At Work5. Our House - Madness6. Town Called Malice - The Jam7. It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - R.E.M.8. Radar Love - Golden Earring9. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd10. One Way Or Another - Blondie
Disc: 21. Ring Of Fire - Johnny Cash2. Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Andy Williams3. I Get Around - The Beach Boys4. Summer In The City - The Lovin' Spoonful5. American Pie - Don McLean6. Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) - Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel7. The Joker - The Steve Miller Band8. Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks9. We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place - The Animals10. Love Potion No. 9 (Single Version) - The Clovers
― It was a Thursday night. I was working late... (dog latin), Tuesday, 6 September 2011 09:19 (1 year ago) Permalink
Soon there'll be a supermarket cut-bin compilation for any mundane weekend activity. From cooking a Sunday roast to having a massive wank.
― It was a Thursday night. I was working late... (dog latin), Tuesday, 6 September 2011 09:20 (1 year ago) Permalink
5. DIVINYLS - I Touch Myself
― Mark G, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 09:23 (1 year ago) Permalink
I've got that one.
― Sick Mouthy (Scik Mouthy), Tuesday, 6 September 2011 09:24 (1 year ago) Permalink
― Geirge Hongriot (NickB), Tuesday, 6 September 2011 09:43 (1 year ago) Permalink
V/A 'Late Night Tales - The Decade Box'(Late Night Tales)Release date: 21st November 2011In celebration of ten years of impeccably selected compilations, Late Night Tales releases a deluxe 'Decade' CD box set comprising all 27 albums in the series. Late Night Tales was initially created as the musical comedown to a night of partying. The calm after the storm, if you will. Since then, however, it has diversified and taken on a life all of its own, though still with the emphasis on music that fits the wee small hours when we only have owls, a steaming cup of cocoa and the shipping forecast for company.
― Buster Mottrhymes (DJ Mencap), Thursday, 10 November 2011 09:42 (1 year ago) Permalink
WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO BUY THIS
I get sent those every so often. They always seem to have a lot of obscure industrial and psychobilly on them.
― Glo-Vember (dog latin), Thursday, 10 November 2011 10:06 (1 year ago) Permalink
My recollection of their tracklists was like:
actual "chill-out" music > ninja tune track > awkward indie hip-hop > glum acoustic singer-songwriter number > 1970s soul album cut > repeat
― rustic italian flatbread, Thursday, 10 November 2011 13:20 (1 year ago) Permalink
Music that would cause a lonely guy to start thinking about things, in other words.
― rustic italian flatbread, Thursday, 10 November 2011 13:22 (1 year ago) Permalink
dead @ music for cougars
― The Sunspots In Your Eyes Are Actually Cataracts, Mr. Rudich (AWALL), Thursday, 10 November 2011 17:41 (1 year ago) Permalink
I used to really like that very first AlBackToMine - mostly chilled out soul and funk and a snatch of prog too. I never see it on sale and I wouldn't mind a copy.
― Glo-Vember (dog latin), Friday, 11 November 2011 10:56 (1 year ago) Permalink
I've got that one. Oddly there are lots of vinyl copies for sale on Discogs but no CDs.
― The Eyeball Of Hull (Colonel Poo), Friday, 11 November 2011 10:59 (1 year ago) Permalink
the emphasis on music that fits the wee small hours when we only have owls, a steaming cup of cocoa and the shipping forecast for company
Clearly being in British Sea Power pays so little this dude is sidelining as a copywriter.
― Matt DC, Friday, 11 November 2011 11:52 (1 year ago) Permalink
Either him or L-Bartz http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/nov/10/hail-hail-rock-n-roll-night-and-day
― Stevie T, Friday, 11 November 2011 12:03 (1 year ago) Permalink
Guess this ought to be here:
Isles of Wonder - Disc 1
1. "I Still Believe" Frank Turner 3:502. "Jerusalem / Flower of Scotland / Danny Boy / Bread Of Heaven" Four Nations Choirs 3:403. "Nimrod" LSO On Track 3:314. "And I Will Kiss" Underworld (ft. Dame Evelyn Glennie) 17:155. "Tubular Bells / In Dulci Jubilo" Mike Oldfield 11:266. "Chariots of Fire" London Symphony Orchestra 4:277. "Sundowner" Blanck Mass & London Symphony Orchestra 3:328. "Bonkers" Dizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden 2:569. "Nimma Nimma" A.R. Rahman (ft. Jaspreet Jasz) 4:0010. "Heaven" Emeli Sandé 4:1311. "Abide With Me" Emeli Sandé 4:3312. "I et You Look Good On the Dance Floor" Arctic Monkeys 2:5113. "Come Together" Arctic Monkeys 3:0814. "Caliban's Dream" Underworld (ft. Dockhead Choir, Dame Evelyn Glennie, Only Men Aloud!, Elizabeth Roberts, Alex Trimble) 7:16
Isles of Wonder - Disc 2
1. "Galvanize (Beginning)" The Chemical Brothers 2:242. "Moon Watcher" High Contrast 3:183. "Always Loved A Film (Instrumental)" Underworld 3:044. "Dark & Long (Dark Train)" Underworld 3:465. "West End Girls" Pet Shop Boys 2:266. "Mineapolis (High Contrast Remix)" Underworld 6:127. "Reach" High Contrast 4:168. "Ghost Dance" High Contrast 2:409. "Confusion the Waitress (Darren Price & High Contrast Remix)" Underworld 1:2210. "Traktor [radio edit]" Wretch 32 (ft. L.) 2:0511. "Olympians (High Contrast Remix)" F Buttons 4:5712. "Can't Stop This Fire" High Contrast 4:0813. "Moon In Water (Instrumental)" Underworld 2:4214. "Crocodile (High Contrast Remix)" Underworld 2:4015. "Where the Streets Have No Name (High Contrast Remix)" U2 4:1616. "For Years" High Contrast 3:2417. "Dirty Epic (Darren Price & High Contrast Remix)" Underworld 2:5618. "The Long Way Home" High Contrast 3:1619. "Dark and Long (Darren Price & High Contrast Remix)" Underworld 3:2820. "Rez (High Contrast Remix)" Underworld 6:2421. "Heroes" David Bowie 3:1822. "Galvanize (Ending)" The Chemical Brothers 0:38
― mod night at the oasis (NickB), Monday, 30 July 2012 08:57 (10 months ago) Permalink
An album featuring music from the London 2012 opening ceremony has sold more than 10,000 copies within 24 hours of going on sale. The compilation, named Isles of Wonder, is No 1 in the iTunes store album chart in the UK, France, Belgium and Spain, and has reached No 5 in the United States.
― mod night at the oasis (NickB), Monday, 30 July 2012 08:58 (10 months ago) Permalink
Good old F Buttons
― mod night at the oasis (NickB), Monday, 30 July 2012 08:59 (10 months ago) Permalink
Apart from Frank fecking Turner I'd be quite tempted to get that.
― fun loving and xtremely tolrant (Billy Dods), Monday, 30 July 2012 09:22 (10 months ago) Permalink
I scored a copy for 9.99 and it's actually quite good! New UW tracks/remixes is always an insta-buy for me but it's a good recap of British pop music in general.
― frogbs, Tuesday, 31 July 2012 18:40 (10 months ago) Permalink
01. Jamiroquai – Virtual Insanity (Radio Edit)02. M People – One Night In Heaven03. George Michael – Fastlove (Pt. 1 (Remastered))04. The Brand New Heavies – Midnight At The Oasis (Radio Edit)05. Soul II Soul – Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) (2003 – Remaster)06. Lisa Stansfield – All Around The World07. Sade – No Ordinary Love (Radio Edit)08. Des’ree – You Gotta Be (Radio Edit)09. Neneh Cherry – Buffalo Stance (Radio Edit)10. Arrested Development – Mr Wendal (Radio Edit)11. Shabba Ranks – Mr. Loverman (Radio Edit)12. Diana King – Shy Guy (Radio Edit)13. Aswad – Shine (Beatmasters 7” Mix)14. Alison Limerick – Where Love Lives (Radio Edit)15. Deee-Lite – Groove Is In The Heart (Radio Edit)16. C&C Music Factory – Things That Make You Go Hmmmm…. (Radio Edit)17. Sub Sub – Ain’t No Love (Ain’t No Use)18. Sabrina Johnston – Peace (In The Valley) (Brothers In Rhythm Mix)19. Sybil – When I’m Good And Ready (Radio Edit)20. Degrees Of Motion – Shine On
01. Dj Jazzy Jeff – Summertime (Radio Edit)02. R. Kelly – She’s Got That Vibe (Radio Edit)03. Mark Morrison – Return Of The Mack (Radio Edit)04. Jay-Z – Hard Knock Life (Radio Edit)05. Ini Kamoze – Here Comes The Hotstepper06. Coolio – C U When U Get There (Radio Edit)07. Fugees – No Woman, No Cry (Radio Edit)08. Tlc – Waterfalls (Radio Edit)09. Usher – You Make Me Wanna (Radio Edit)10. En Vogue – Hold On (Radio Edit)11. Michelle Gayle – Sweetness (Radio Edit)12. Eternal – Just A Step From Heaven (Radio Edit)13. Shola Ama – You’re The One I Love (Radio Edit)14. Another Level – Be Alone No More (Radio Edit)15. Donell Jones – U Know What’s Up (Radio Edit)16. Mary Mary – Shackles (Praise You) (Radio Edit)17. Swv – Right Here (Human Nature Radio Mix)18. Jade – Don’t Walk Away (Radio Edit)19. Brownstone – If You Love Me (Radio Edit)20. Finley Quaye – Even After All
01. Basement Jaxx – Red Alert02. Fatboy Slim – The Rockafeller Skank (Radio Edit)03. Groove Armada – I See You Baby (Radio Edit)04. Run-Dmc – It’s Like That (Drop The Break – Radio Edit)05. Cornershop – Brimful Of Asha (The Norman Cook Remix)06. Blueboy – Remember Me (Radio Edit)07. Moloko – Sing It Back (Boris Musical Mix)08. Robin S. – Show Me Love (Stone’s Radio Edit)09. Ultra Naté – Free (Mood II Swing Radio Edit)10. Tina Moore – Never Gonna Let You Go (Kelly G Bump-N-Go Mix)11. Doolally – Straight From The Heart12. Artful Dodger – Movin’ Too Fast13. Shanks – Sweet Like Chocolate14. Lovestation – Teardrops (Flava Edit)15. Kenny Dope – The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall Into My Mind)16. Fire Island – If You Should Need A Friend (Fire Island 7 Inch Edit)17. David Morales – Needin’ U (Radio Edit)18. Gusto – Disco’s Revenge (Uk Vocal Mix)19. Masters At Work – To Be In Love (Full Intention Vocal Edit)20. Olive – You’re Not Alone
― r|t|c, Thursday, 9 August 2012 10:28 (10 months ago) Permalink
a quality bit of music writing is what that comp is imo
― r|t|c, Thursday, 9 August 2012 10:31 (10 months ago) Permalink
Never mind that i have like 95% of those tracks.
― Tim F, Thursday, 9 August 2012 10:33 (10 months ago) Permalink
Someone could make a decent cash-in comp along the lines of this DJ Target set (only better):
Sadly it'd only happen as some sort of Soul Jazz affair. Lover's Crock, more like.
― Tim F, Thursday, 9 August 2012 10:35 (10 months ago) Permalink
that looks ok actually.
― Quickly, take hold of my hand, asshole! (dog latin), Thursday, 9 August 2012 10:36 (10 months ago) Permalink
xpost - also yeah, i'd love a comp of ragga-dance stuff like what Tim F just posted.
In all seriousness, these Bass Culture comps on Nascente have improved my life manifold http://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/Nascente
― Quickly, take hold of my hand, asshole! (dog latin), Thursday, 9 August 2012 10:38 (10 months ago) Permalink
― price lo matalan (DJ Mencap), Thursday, 9 August 2012 10:51 (10 months ago) Permalink
18. Sabrina Johnston – Peace (In The Valley) (Brothers In Rhythm Mix)
if you have to meet in the back of the alley, you know it ain't friendly you know it ain't pally.
― r|t|c, Thursday, 9 August 2012 12:16 (10 months ago) Permalink