Welcome to the results of the 1980's R&B tracks poll! 33 people voted for 911 tracks.
Thanks to everyone who voted!
This is what came before:- Nominations thread- Voting/campagining thread
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 18:01 (two weeks ago) Permalink
whoa it's all happening
― ToddBonzalez (BradNelson), Monday, 8 May 2017 18:01 (two weeks ago) Permalink
249 (TIE). Chic - 26
World's Famous Supreme Team - Hey DJ184 points, 3 votes
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 18:02 (two weeks ago) Permalink
250 is a good number
― dyl, Monday, 8 May 2017 18:06 (two weeks ago) Permalink
Bold prediction: Prince vote-splitting splinters his chances of even making the top 10.
― insidious assymetrical weapons (Eric H.), Monday, 8 May 2017 18:08 (two weeks ago) Permalink
I bet most ballots have at least 2 or 3 prince tracks on them
― i know kore-eda (or something), Monday, 8 May 2017 18:12 (two weeks ago) Permalink
"hey dj" :)))
― dyl, Monday, 8 May 2017 18:14 (two weeks ago) Permalink
prince is literally over 10% of my ballot. i figured it was useless to penalize him for being as brilliant as he was even tho i would have liked to fit more artists on my ballot.
the vote-splitting phenom may indeed end up impacting his chances for a top slot tho, which i wouldn't mind. i like when non-obvious tunes threaten for the top on these polls.
― dyl, Monday, 8 May 2017 18:15 (two weeks ago) Permalink
I think, despite playing like I'd limit him to the same amount I allotted Stevie in the '70s poll, it was impossible. I think he ended up getting at least a dozen slots, with the side projects.
― insidious assymetrical weapons (Eric H.), Monday, 8 May 2017 18:17 (two weeks ago) Permalink
Even though Prince is one of my 3 favourite artists of all time, I limited him (as well as MJ and Madonna) to just one slot in my ballot. Everyone here already knows all his 80s tunes, and I'm hoping the poll will highlight some lesser known but equally awesome tunes.
― Tuomas, Monday, 8 May 2017 18:23 (two weeks ago) Permalink
I'd be fine if it accurately reflected the greatest tracks from 80s r&b (or close enough)
― insidious assymetrical weapons (Eric H.), Monday, 8 May 2017 18:24 (two weeks ago) Permalink
Anyway, won't there be Youtube links for the tracks in the countdown?
― Tuomas, Monday, 8 May 2017 18:26 (two weeks ago) Permalink
This poll is already off to a great start... At the exact moment I posted the first two results I had a visitor. Let me try that again, now with cover images and Youtube links:
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 18:55 (two weeks ago) Permalink
249 (TIE). Chic - 26https://youtu.be/n_Yeu2E87b8184 points, 3 votes
249 (TIE). World's Famous Supreme Team - Hey! D.J.https://youtu.be/Lq1RCMROWDo184 points, 3 votes
Ahhh, much better.
248. Kashif - I Just Gotta Have You (Lover Turn Me On)185 points, 4 voteshttps://youtu.be/zSOUNeiTkiE
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 19:03 (two weeks ago) Permalink
― ToddBonzalez (BradNelson), Monday, 8 May 2017 19:16 (two weeks ago) Permalink
247. Guy - I Like185 points, 5 voteshttps://youtu.be/671GfElFygI
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 19:18 (two weeks ago) Permalink
omg "i like" way too low
jesus christ this poll really was a bloodbath
― dyl, Monday, 8 May 2017 19:19 (two weeks ago) Permalink
i am not as familiar with kashif as i should be, glad this poll will fix that somewhat :)
― dyl, Monday, 8 May 2017 19:24 (two weeks ago) Permalink
every song is going to be perfect i guess
― ToddBonzalez (BradNelson), Monday, 8 May 2017 19:24 (two weeks ago) Permalink
246. Sheena Easton - Sugar Walls189 points, 3 voteshttps://youtu.be/4LS_9nM4bm0
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 19:30 (two weeks ago) Permalink
245. Cameo - Single Life191 points, 3 voteshttps://youtu.be/oRsmpQRbeuM
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 19:37 (two weeks ago) Permalink
244. Diana Ross - Chain Reaction194 points, 3 voteshttps://youtu.be/UaYHRx9-v2M
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 19:46 (two weeks ago) Permalink
243. Sly Fox - Let's Go All the Way194 points, 5 voteshttps://youtu.be/bQiGqGMT8i4
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 19:55 (two weeks ago) Permalink
― ToddBonzalez (BradNelson), Monday, 8 May 2017 19:57 (two weeks ago) Permalink
i don't think i even noticed that one in the nominations
1980s 12" record sleeves were fantastic eh
― i know kore-eda (or something), Monday, 8 May 2017 19:58 (two weeks ago) Permalink
god dammit why didn't I vote in this
― her squamous hamhocks (DJP), Monday, 8 May 2017 20:00 (two weeks ago) Permalink
241 (TIE). Imagination - Changes196 points, 3 voteshttps://youtu.be/wKIjfNIx6LA
241 (TIE). Terence Trent d'Arby - If You Let Me Stay196 points, 3 voteshttps://youtu.be/hMhEzd9Bsb4
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:06 (two weeks ago) Permalink
xpost It was a grueling series of decisions to make. You spared yourself some tears.
I do love the Sly Fox track but I have a hard time hearing it as R&B.
― Download this Man With Hamburder And Mug (Old Lunch), Monday, 8 May 2017 20:06 (two weeks ago) Permalink
240. Stacey Q - Two of Hearts197 points, 3 voteshttps://youtu.be/lfBdGT4dn4E
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:13 (two weeks ago) Permalink
2 hearts that beat as one
― ToddBonzalez (BradNelson), Monday, 8 May 2017 20:13 (two weeks ago) Permalink
I don't ultimately think I made room for Stacey Q. Cut 'Shy Girl' in the final culling, iirc. Worthy, though.
― Download this Man With Hamburder And Mug (Old Lunch), Monday, 8 May 2017 20:16 (two weeks ago) Permalink
"Changes" is, like, my fifth favourite Imagination tune, but it's still perfect, like all the singles from their first two albums. I expect several of them to place yet, "Just an Illusion" might even be a top 10 contender.
― Tuomas, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:20 (two weeks ago) Permalink
239. Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's for Real197 points, 4 voteshttps://youtu.be/sJsXrYO9znQ
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:21 (two weeks ago) Permalink
238. Kurtis Blow - The Breaks198 points, 5 voteshttps://youtu.be/5ZDUEilS5M4
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:26 (two weeks ago) Permalink
Rap was, alongside house, the other major genre I had to excise from my ballot so I could trim it down to 100. Though I guess the extended mix of "The Breaks" in particular is pretty close to funk, what with all the extra jamming towards the end.
― Tuomas, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:30 (two weeks ago) Permalink
I voted for "Let's Go All the Way". I always loved it. Saw the video for the first time today, they look as goofy as I imagined.
― LeRooLeRoo, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:31 (two weeks ago) Permalink
237. Aretha Franklin - Get It Right199 points, 3 voteshttps://youtu.be/SsnQXghCpFg
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:32 (two weeks ago) Permalink
26, Two of Hearts and Sugar Walls all TOO LOW!!
― kornrulez6969, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:33 (two weeks ago) Permalink
236. Sharon Redd - Beat the Street200 points, 4 voteshttps://youtu.be/3fW0cf_YcBc
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:39 (two weeks ago) Permalink
If You Let Me Stay = too low!
― The shard-borne beetle with his drowsy hums (Chinaski), Monday, 8 May 2017 20:39 (two weeks ago) Permalink
235. Jeffrey Osborne - Stay With Me Tonight201 points, 6 voteshttps://youtu.be/wCWYZHYIPyE
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:44 (two weeks ago) Permalink
"get it right" is totally perfect, one of my favorite things luther vandross has ever written
― ToddBonzalez (BradNelson), Monday, 8 May 2017 20:44 (two weeks ago) Permalink
oh and "stay with me tonight" is wayyyyy too low. ac classic
Wtf, I was expecting "Beat the Street" to be in the top 40!? One of the ten best boogie tunes, IMO. Love the evocative tone of Redd's voice, there's something transcendent about it.
― Tuomas, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:45 (two weeks ago) Permalink
i forgot to vote for 'just the two of us' :(
― maura, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:54 (two weeks ago) Permalink
234. Marvin Gaye - Praise202 points, 3 voteshttps://youtu.be/A0AgZ0mPRjI
― ArchCarrier, Monday, 8 May 2017 20:54 (two weeks ago) Permalink
"Let's Go All The Way" is one that, as I was nominated it, I paused for a sec to consider whether or not it was properly R&B. I'm glad that four others appeared to agree.
I didn't nom "The Breaks," but it seemed legit enough (even though we discussed early on that we weren't doing rap) that I voted for it.
― some sad trombone Twilight Zone shit (cryptosicko), Monday, 8 May 2017 20:57 (two weeks ago) Permalink
If "Early in the Morning" didn't place, there's no way "Outstanding" could. Gap Band is essentially a 3 single band, with a couple of also rans.
― it's just locker room treason (Sanpaku), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:05 (six days ago) Permalink
Southern Freeez is the most scandalous omission. (Yes, I am British.)
― mike t-diva, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:06 (six days ago) Permalink
This is the wrongest thing this thread's seen.
― insidious assymetrical weapons (Eric H.), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:07 (six days ago) Permalink
1. Chaka Khan - I Feel for You1474 points, 25 voteshttps://youtu.be/hX9E44mClKs
― ArchCarrier, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:11 (six days ago) Permalink
background vocals by Barry Manilow!
― it's just locker room treason (Sanpaku), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:12 (six days ago) Permalink
xp A+ finale!
― insidious assymetrical weapons (Eric H.), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:13 (six days ago) Permalink
no number one votes! :O
― dyl, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:14 (six days ago) Permalink
There she is
― i know kore-eda (or something), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:17 (six days ago) Permalink
In a way, "I Feel For You" is a much more surprising #1 than "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'," so extra excited for the win.
― insidious assymetrical weapons (Eric H.), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:18 (six days ago) Permalink
The confluence of Chaka, Prince and Stevie doesn't hurt.
Yes, much more surprising, but good on Chaka.
― human/hutt hybrid (Old Lunch), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:19 (six days ago) Permalink
true this is a somewhat surprising winner so i'm pretty psyched
― dyl, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:20 (six days ago) Permalink
I love this song but it feels... weird I guess, to see it at #1
like, IMO this is a #8 song (although I guess if everyone voting thinks it's a top 10 song but not #1, aggregation will make it #1 so never mind me)
― PJD PDJ DPJ (DJP), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:24 (six days ago) Permalink
btw how many point per position? I'm wondering if I would have influenced the outcome had I voted
― PJD PDJ DPJ (DJP), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:25 (six days ago) Permalink
Should at least swap places with "Ain't Nobody" to feel less weird.
― Josh in Chicago, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:25 (six days ago) Permalink
Nope, nothing weird here.
― insidious assymetrical weapons (Eric H.), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:25 (six days ago) Permalink
'Feel for You' was #6 on my ballot. Somewhere around there feels most right to me (obvs).
― human/hutt hybrid (Old Lunch), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:26 (six days ago) Permalink
Yeah, "Ain't Nobody" definitely a better tune than "I Feel for You". But props to Chaka for making a fairly generic Prince song into something so memorable!
― Tuomas, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:27 (six days ago) Permalink
Also, was it the first hit tune with a guest rapper?
crazy that 'early in the morning' didn't place, that's the best song ever
good poll tho, learning about so many great songs :)
― flopson, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:29 (six days ago) Permalink
Tempted tho I am now to run a separate runoff "Ain't Nobody" vs "I Feel For You" poll, I'd rather just bask in the right results on display here.
― insidious assymetrical weapons (Eric H.), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:30 (six days ago) Permalink
This poll is an embarrassment of riches, barely a dud from the bottom to the top. Excellent work everyone, but especially ArchCarrier.
― Dan Worsley, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:34 (six days ago) Permalink
good ass poll everyone
― ToddBonzalez (BradNelson), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:34 (six days ago) Permalink
― insidious assymetrical weapons (Eric H.), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:35 (six days ago) Permalink
01. Prince - The Beautiful Ones02. Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'03. Chaka Khan - I Feel for You04. Pebbles - Mercedes Boy05. Juicy - Sugar Free06. Stevie Wonder - Do I Do07. D-Train - Keep On08. Soul II Soul - Back to Life (However Do You Want Me)09. Alicia Myers - I Want to Thank You10. Bobby Brown - On Our Own11. Tom Browne - Thighs High (Grip Your Hips and Move)12. Janet Jackson - The Pleasure Principle13. Gwen Guthrie - Seventh Heaven14. Nick Straker Band - A Little Bit of Jazz15. Unlimited Touch - I Hear Music in the Streets16. Prince - Baby I'm a Star17. Gap Band - You Dropped a Bomb on Me18. Prince - Adore19. Jeanette "Lady" Day - Come Let Me Love You20. Joe Smooth - Promised Land21. Frankie Knuckles - Your Love22. Was (Not Was) - Wheel Me Out23. Lisa Stansfield - All Around the World24. Joubert Singers - Stand on the Word25. Sharon Redd - Can You Handle It26. Seduction - Two to Make It Right27. Chaka Khan - What Cha' Gonna Do for Me28. Universal Robot Band - Barely Breaking Even29. Geraldine Hunt - Can't Fake the Feeling30. Chanelle - One Man31. Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots32. Janet Jackson - Alright33. Zapp - I Can Make You Dance34. Sylvia Striplin - Give Me Your Love35. Imagination - Burnin' Up36. Prince - Pop Life37. Yarbrough and Peoples - Don't Stop the Music38. Michael Jackson - P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)39. Odyssey - Inside Out40. Cherrelle - I Didn't Mean to Turn You On41. Donna Summer - State of Independence42. Chaka Khan - Clouds43. France Joli - Gonna Get Over You44. Jacksons - Can You Feel It45. Loleatta Holloway - Love Sensation46. Sparque - Let's Go Dancin'47. Grace Jones - Slave to the Rhythm48. Edwin Birdsong - Cola Bottle Baby49. Al Jarreau - Mornin'50. Fonda Rae - Over Like a Fat Rat
Anita Baker - Giving You the Best That I GotBarbara Mason - Another ManBobby Brown - Every Little StepChange - ParadiseCherrelle & Alexander O'Neal - Saturday LoveD-Train - You're the One for MeDavid Joseph - You Can't Hide (Your Love From Me)Dayton - The Sound of MusicDonna Summer - Love Is in Control (Finger on the Trigger)Earth, Wind & Fire - Fall in Love With MeEarth, Wind & Fire - Lady SunEdnah Holt - Serious, Sirius Space PartyEvelyn "Champagne" King - I'm in LoveFreeez - I.O.U.Freeez - Southern FreeezGap Band - Burn Rubber on MeGary's Gang - Knock Me OutGeorge Benson - Give Me the NightInner Life - Ain't No Mountain High EnoughIsley Brothers - Between the SheetsJane Child - Don't Want to Fall in LoveJanet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You)Janet Jackson - What Have You Done for Me LatelyJets - Crush on YouJulia and Company - Breakin' Down (Sugar Samba)Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie, I'm Not Your DaddyLoose Ends - Hangin' on a StringMary Jane Girls - Candy ManMaze - Before I Let GoMichael Jackson - The Way You Make Me FeelMichel'le - No More LiesMtume - Juicy FruitPointer Sisters - Dare MePrince - Do Me, BabyPrince - Erotic CityPrince - How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore?Prince - If I Was Your GirlfriendPrince - Private JoyPrince - SexualityPrince - She's Always in My HairRainbow Brown - Till You SurrenderRené & Angela - I'll Be GoodStevie B. - In My EyesStevie Wonder - LatelySurface - Falling in LoveSylvester - Do Ya Wanna FunkSylvester - I Need YouSylvia Striplin - You Can't Turn Me AwayTom Browne - Funkin' for JamaicaVanity 6 - Nasty Girl
thank you archcarrier!
the results were indeed amazing. i'm sure once the full results are shown tho i will be aghast at the songs that the votership collectively decided were not as good of r&b as madonna's "crazy for you" (??)
― dyl, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:36 (six days ago) Permalink
Of what I voted for, am truly shocked these didn't place:
Anita Baker - Giving You the Best That I GotMaze - Before I Let GoMichel'le - No More LiesPrince - Do Me, BabySeduction - Two to Make It RightSylvester - Do Ya Wanna Funk
― insidious assymetrical weapons (Eric H.), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:37 (six days ago) Permalink
"No More Lies" not making it is 100% travesty
― PJD PDJ DPJ (DJP), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:38 (six days ago) Permalink
Post your ILM '80s R&B POLL ballots here!
― Tuomas, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:39 (six days ago) Permalink
Biggest surprises for me were "Fresh", "Smooth Criminal, and "Another Man" not making it to the top 250 at all! I was sure they were all locks for the top 50!
― Tuomas, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:40 (six days ago) Permalink
anyone have a combined recap of the full top 250? :X
― dyl, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:48 (six days ago) Permalink
Thanks arch carrier awesome work. A top 20 of surprises. Kinda puzzled that mj didn't pervade the 250 as Prince did. But patrice my no1
― wtev, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:53 (six days ago) Permalink
My ballot, all ranked, I accidentally voted for "I Feel for You" twice, hence 99 places:
1. Prince - Erotic City2. Zapp - More Bounce to the Ounce3. Chaka Khan - I Feel for You4. Midnight Star - Operator5. Ready for the World - Oh Sheila6. Brothers Johnson - Stomp7. Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove8. D-Train - You're the One for Me9. Gap Band - You Dropped a Bomb on Me10. Carl Carlton - She's a Bad Mama Jama She's Built She's Stacked11. Rick James - Give It to Me Baby12. Prince - Girls & Boys13. Egyptian Lover - Egypt Egypt14. Gap Band - Burn Rubber on Me15. Trouble Funk - Drop the Bomb16. Con Funk Shun - Too Tight17. System - You Are in My System18. Dazz Band - Let It Whip19. Rick James - Cold Blooded20. Lakeside - Fantastic Voyage21. Jody Watley - Still a Thrill22. Friction - Bar-B-Q23. Westwood Cash - Psycho for Your Love24. Tom Browne - Thighs High (Grip Your Hips and Move)25. Change - Change of heart26. Time - Jungle Love27. E.U. - Da Butt28. One Way - Cutie Pie29. Prince - Let's Work30. Ronnie Hudson and the Street People - West Coast Poplock31. Cameo - Word Up32. Bar-Kays - Freakshow on the Dance Floor33. Patrice Rushen - Get Off (You Fascinate Me)34. Hashim - Al-Naafiysh (The Soul)35. René & Angela - I'll Be Good36. Evelyn "Champagne" King - I'm in Love37. Tara - Fresh Flesh38. Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots39. Bar-Kays - Do It (Let Me See You Shake)40. Loose Ends - Hangin' on a String41. Central Line - Walking Into Sunshine42. Janet Jackson - What Have You Done for Me Lately43. Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'44. Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl45. Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me46. Zapp - Doo Wa Ditty (Blow That Thing)47. Prince – Head48. Rick James - Super Freak49. Vin Zee - Funky Bee-Bop50. Whispers - Keep On Lovin' Me51. Imagination - Music and Lights52. Sheila E. - The Glamorous Life53. Klymaxx - The Men All Pause54. Mary Jane Girls - In My House55. Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid56. S.O.S. Band - Just Be Good to Me57. Juicy - Sugar Free58. Herbie Hancock - Magic Number59. Evelyn "Champagne" King - Love Come Down60. Egyptian Lover - Freak-a-Holic61. Cherrelle - Fragile... Handle With Care62. Whispers - It's a Love Thing63. Sheila E. - A Love Bizarre64. Fatback Band - I Found Lovin'65. Cameo - Candy66. Prince - Irresistible Bitch67. Mtume - Juicy Fruit68. Circle City Band - Party Lights (Shake Your Body Get Loose)69. Roger - So Ruff So Tuff70. S.O.S. Band - Just the Way You Like It71. Fonda Rae - Touch Me (All Night Long)72. D-Train - Keep On73. Stone City Band - Freaky74. Shalamar - There It Is75. Caprice - 100%76. Zapp - It Doesn't Really Matter77. Gwen Guthrie - Seventh Heaven78. Brooklyn, Bronx & Queens Band - Starlette79. Slave - Watching You80. Surface - Falling in Love81. Unlimited Touch - I Hear Music in the Streets82. Donna Summer - Love Is in Control (Finger on the Trigger)83. Cheryl Lynn - Encore84. Cherrelle - I Didn't Mean to Turn You On85. Shalamar - A Night to Remember86. Fonda Rae - Over Like a Fat Rat87. George Clinton - Atomic Dog88. Jermaine Jackson - Let Me Tickle Your Fancy89. One Way - Give Me One More Chance90. Time – Cool91. Sharon Redd - Never Give You Up92. Taana Gardner – Heartbeat93. Prince - Anotherloverholenyohead94. Pointer Sisters – Automatic95. Janet Jackson - The Pleasure Principle96. Jesse Johnson's Revue - Be Your Man97. Andre Cymone - The Dance Electric98. Chic - You Are Beautiful99. Chemise - She Can't Love You
― it's just locker room treason (Sanpaku), Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:56 (six days ago) Permalink
I started a separate thread for ballots, the link is above. :)
― Tuomas, Thursday, 18 May 2017 20:57 (six days ago) Permalink
great poll, this one caught me by surprise, wasn't really paying attention during voting. Lots of great tunes, plus lots of new stuff for me to check out. If I had to make a complaint, I wouldn't mind if Prince and Michael Jackson were excluded or capped because their songs are so well known and take up so many slots, maybe they crowd out some lesser known tunes.
great work Arch!
here's the spotify list, if you want to listen back:
There were only 3 or 4 songs that weren't available. For many of the songs, I was choosing between album, club, radio, 12" versions, etc. If anyone comes across a version on the playlist that isn't the optimal one, let me know so I can change it up.
― Moodles, Thursday, 18 May 2017 21:00 (six days ago) Permalink
One thing I was wondering about after the 70s poll was whether there's an ILM canon for this stuff, or whether we love the same things as everyone else. Still not sure.
― Choco Blavatsky (seandalai), Thursday, 18 May 2017 21:10 (six days ago) Permalink
I didn't vote but enjoyed the rollout and am digging through the Spotify playlist. I've only really dipped into this territory before (I maybe know about a quarter of these songs), so I probably shouldn't complain about the results. Nonetheless, I'm shocked that while ILM forgot not "Forget Me Nots" it apparently needed reminders of "Remind Me," which is one of the most beguiling songs ever. I shoulda campaigned.
― eatandoph (Neue Jesse Schule), Thursday, 18 May 2017 21:29 (six days ago) Permalink
I was at choir practice, so I missed the finish of my own poll, but never mind.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this -- in any way.
It was great fun, I discovered tons of new music (as usual in ILM polls) and the discussions and comments were brilliant. Thanks!
― ArchCarrier, Thursday, 18 May 2017 21:59 (six days ago) Permalink
1. Chaka Khan - I Feel for You 1474 points, 25 votes2. Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 1433 points, 21 votes, 2 number ones3. Cameo - Word Up 1181 points, 18 votes4. Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance 1126 points, 17 votes5. Taana Gardner - Heartbeat 1092 points, 17 votes, 1 number one6. Rufus & Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody 1031 points, 17 votes, 1 number one7. Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots 1006 points, 17 votes, 1 number one8. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean 1001 points, 14 votes, 1 number one9. Shannon - Let the Music Play 999 points, 17 votes, 1 number one10. Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove 959 points, 18 votes11. George Benson - Give Me the Night 946 points, 17 votes, 1 number one12. Womack & Womack - Teardrops 911 points, 15 votes13. Commodores - Nightshift 895 points, 13 votes14. Michael Jackson - Human Nature 858 points, 14 votes15. Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing 848 points, 15 votes, 1 number one16. Diana Ross - Upside Down 837 points, 17 votes17. The S.O.S. Band - Just Be Good to Me 832 points, 15 votes18. The Jacksons - Can You Feel It 824 points, 16 votes19. Luther Vandross - Never Too Much 822 points, 13 votes, 1 number one20. Prince - When Doves Cry 810 points, 14 votes, 1 number one21. Soul II Soul - Back to Life (However Do You Want Me) 791 points, 15 votes, 1 number one22. Dazz Band - Let It Whip 767 points, 13 votes, 1 number one23. Oran "Juice" Jones - The Rain 731 points, 14 votes24. Evelyn "Champagne" King - Love Come Down 723 points, 12 votes25. D-Train - You're the One for Me 712 points, 14 votes26. Prince - Controversy 706 points, 10 votes27. Hall and Oates - I Can't Go for That (No Can Do) 689 points, 13 votes28. Loose Ends - Hangin' on a String 686 points, 10 votes, 1 number one29. The Gap Band - You Dropped a Bomb on Me 683 points, 11 votes30. Prince - Kiss 677 points, 11 votes31. Rick James - Super Freak 672 points, 12 votes32. Pointer Sisters - Automatic 670 points, 14 votes33. Tom Tom Club - Genius of Love 645 points, 11 votes34. Grace Jones - Slave to the Rhythm 635 points, 9 votes35. Janet Jackson - When I Think of You 633 points, 11 votes, 1 number one36. Sade - The Sweetest Taboo 630 points, 10 votes37. Prince - Little Red Corvette 626 points, 9 votes, 1 number one38. Mtume - Juicy Fruit 623 points, 12 votes39. Sheila E. - The Glamorous Life 621 points, 14 votes40. Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait 617 points, 12 votes41. Human League - Human 616 points, 9 votes42. Evelyn King - I'm in Love 609 points, 10 votes43. Prince - If I Was Your Girlfriend 602 points, 13 votes44. Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But the Rent 597 points, 9 votes45. Cameo - Candy 594 points, 9 votes46. The Brothers Johnson - Stomp! 591 points, 9 votes47. Grace Jones - Pull Up to the Bumper 583 points, 10 votes48. Cherrelle & Alexander O'Neal - Saturday Love 581 points, 11 votes49. Janet Jackson - Escapade 580 points, 10 votes50. Zapp - More Bounce to the Ounce 571 points, 8 votes51. Inner Life - Ain't No Mountain High Enough 568 points, 9 votes52. Change - The Glow of Love 567 points, 9 votes53. Stevie Wonder - Do I Do 545 points, 11 votes54. Ready for the World - Oh Sheila 543 points, 9 votes55. Wham! - Everything She Wants 530 points, 9 votes56. Prince - The Beautiful Ones 528 points, 7 votes, 1 number one57. Imagination - Just an Illusion 526 points, 9 votes58. Culture Club - Time (Clock of the Heart) 524 points, 8 votes59. The Gap Band - Burn Rubber on Me 516 points, 10 votes60. Ashford & Simpson - Solid 509 points, 11 votes61. Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out 503 points, 10 votes62. Alexander O'Neal - Criticize 501 points, 8 votes, 1 number one63. Teena Marie - Square Biz 489 points, 9 votes64. Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night) 486 points, 8 votes65. The Whispers - And the Beat Goes On 480 points, 10 votes66. Kid Creole & The Coconuts - I'm a Wonderful Thing, Baby 476 points, 7 votes67. Prince - Let's Go Crazy 470 points, 8 votes68. Prince - Erotic City 468 points, 9 votes, 1 number one69. René & Angela - I'll Be Good 462 points, 9 votes70. Universal Robot Band - Barely Breaking Even 454 points, 7 votes71. Prince - U Got the Look 442 points, 6 votes72. Soul II Soul - Keep On Movin' 441 points, 9 votes73. Sade - Smooth Operator 440 points, 9 votes74. Kool & the Gang - Get Down on It 437 points, 9 votes75. Ready for the World - Love You Down 429 points, 8 votes76. George Michael - One More Try 426 points, 7 votes77. Lisa Stansfield - All Around the World 425 points, 10 votes78. Michael Jackson - P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) 420 points, 10 votes79. Prince - Purple Rain 420 points, 5 votes, 1 number one80. Madonna - Borderline 418 points, 7 votes81. Prince - Raspberry Beret 410 points, 7 votes82. Loleatta Holloway - Love Sensation 410 points, 6 votes83. Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl 407 points, 8 votes84. Class Action - Weekend 404 points, 6 votes85. M/A/R/R/S - Pump Up the Volume 401 points, 8 votes86. The Whispers - It's a Love Thing 401 points, 7 votes87. Imagination - Music and Lights 398 points, 5 votes88. Prince - 1999 393 points, 9 votes89. Terence Trent d'Arby - Wishing Well 393 points, 8 votes90. Cherrelle - I Didn't Mean to Turn You On 392 points, 9 votes91. Art of Noise - Moments in Love 391 points, 6 votes92 (TIE). Inner City - Good Life 390 points, 8 votes92 (TIE). Whitney Houston - How Will I Know 390 points, 8 votes94. Anita Baker - Sweet Love 389 points, 9 votes95. Junior - Mama Used to Say 385 points, 8 votes96. Frankie Smith - Double Dutch Bus 380 points, 9 votes97. Grover Washington Jr. - Just the Two of Us 380 points, 7 votes98. Carl Carlton - She's a Bad Mama Jama She's Built She's Stacked 377 points, 8 votes99. Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name 376 points, 6 votes100. Change - A Lover's Holiday 375 points, 6 votes, 1 number one101. DeBarge - Rhythm of the Night 371 points, 8 votes102. The Jets - Crush on You 367 points, 5 votes, 1 number one103. Frankie Knuckles - Your Love 367 points, 5 votes104. Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin' 362 points, 6 votes105. Force M.D.'s - Tender Love 362 points, 5 votes106. Brenda Russell feat. Joe Esposito - Piano in the Dark 361 points, 6 votes107. Bobby Brown - My Prerogative 360 points, 6 votes108. Newcleus - Jam on It 354 points, 4 votes109. Janet Jackson - What Have You Done for Me Lately 350 points, 9 votes110. Yarbrough and Peoples - Don't Stop the Music 350 points, 6 votes111. Coati Mundi - Que Pasa/Me No Pop I 350 points, 5 votes112. Lakeside - Fantastic Voyage 349 points, 7 votes113. Prince - Mountains 349 points, 5 votes114. Odyssey - Going Back to My Roots 348 points, 7 votes115. Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off 341 points, 5 votes116. Morris Day and The Time - Jungle Love 340 points, 6 votes117. Midnight Star - Freak-a-Zoid 340 points, 5 votes118. Prince - Dirty Mind 334 points, 6 votes119. Mary Jane Girls - In My House 332 points, 6 votes120. Carly Simon - Why 332 points, 5 votes121 (TIE). Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Stool Pigeon 330 points, 5 votes121 (TIE). Scritti Politti - Absolute 330 points, 5 votes123. Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin') 329 points, 5 votes124. Prince - Pop Life 327 points, 6 votes, 1 number one125. Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown 327 points, 6 votes126. Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam with Full Force - I Wonder if I Take You Home 325 points, 8 votes127. Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy 325 points, 7 votes128. Fonda Rae - Over Like a Fat Rat 325 points, 6 votes129. The System - Don't Disturb This Groove 324 points, 5 votes130. Womack & Womack - Baby I'm Scared of You 323 points, 6 votes131. Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall in Love 322 points, 5 votes132. Herbie Hancock - Rockit 319 points, 7 votes133. Change - Paradise 319 points, 6 votes, 1 number one134. Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It for the Boy 316 points, 6 votes135. Odyssey - Use It Up and Wear It Out 314 points, 5 votes136. David Bowie - Let's Dance 313 points, 6 votes137. Shalamar - A Night to Remember 312 points, 7 votes, 1 number one138. Irene Cara - Fame 311 points, 5 votes139 (TIE). Madonna - Like a Prayer 310 points, 6 votes139 (TIE). Sheila E. - A Love Bizarre 310 points, 6 votes141. The Jets - You Got It All 310 points, 4 votes142. Central Line - Walking Into Sunshine 309 points, 5 votes143. George Clinton - Atomic Dog 307 points, 8 votes144. Philip Bailey & Phil Collins - Easy Lover 306 points, 6 votes145. The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right) 305 points, 7 votes146. Rick James - Give It to Me Baby 305 points, 6 votes147. Freeez - I.O.U. 304 points, 7 votes148. C-Bank - One More Shot 302 points, 4 votes149. Gregory Abbott - Shake You Down 300 points, 5 votes150. Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue 299 points, 7 votes151. Prince - Sign O' the Times 296 points, 7 votes152. The Whispers - Rock Steady 295 points, 5 votes153 (TIE). George Michael - Father Figure 294 points, 5 votes153 (TIE). Pointer Sisters - Dare Me 294 points, 5 votes155. Isley Brothers - Between the Sheets 292 points, 6 votes156. Rebbie Jackson - Centipede 292 points, 5 votes157. Funky 4 Plus 1 - That's the Joint 291 points, 5 votes158. Prince - 17 Days 286 points, 4 votes159. Pebbles - Mercedes Boy 285 points, 5 votes160. Janet Jackson - The Pleasure Principle 283 points, 6 votes161. Loose Joints - Is It All Over My Face? 283 points, 5 votes162. Gwen Guthrie - Seventh Heaven 282 points, 5 votes163. Prince - I Would Die 4 U 281 points, 6 votes, 1 number one164. Fatback Band - I Found Lovin' 281 points, 5 votes165. Company B - Fascinated 280 points, 5 votes166. Prince - Baby I'm a Star 280 points, 4 votes167. Indeep - Last Night a D.J. Saved My Life 276 points, 7 votes168. Mel & Kim - Showing Out (Get Fresh at the Weekend) 275 points, 5 votes169. Fonda Rae - Touch Me (All Night Long) aka Tuch Me 269 points, 6 votes170. Michael Jackson - Man in the Mirror 269 points, 4 votes171 (TIE). Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy 261 points, 5 votes171 (TIE). Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) 261 points, 5 votes173. Tina Turner - What's Love Got to Do With It 260 points, 5 votes174. Michael Jackson - Beat It 259 points, 6 votes175. Colonel Abrams - Trapped 259 points, 5 votes176. RAH Band - Clouds Across the Moon 258 points, 4 votes177. Joe Smooth - Promised Land 256 points, 4 votes178. Timex Social Club - Rumors 255 points, 5 votes179. Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love) 253 points, 7 votes180. Jermaine Jackson - Let's Get Serious 253 points, 6 votes181. Alexander O'Neal - If You Were Here Tonight 253 points, 3 votes182. Janet Jackson - Nasty 251 points, 6 votes183. Teena Marie - Lovergirl 251 points, 5 votes184. K.C. & the Sunshine Band - Give It Up 249 points, 6 votes185. Babyface - It's No Crime 249 points, 3 votes186. Jones Girls - Nights Over Egypt 247 points, 6 votes187. Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me 246 points, 6 votes188. Nick Straker Band - A Little Bit of Jazz 244 points, 4 votes189. Paula Abdul - Straight Up 243 points, 5 votes190. Janet Jackson - Come Back to Me 243 points, 3 votes191. Levert - Casanova 240 points, 6 votes192. Joubert Singers - Stand on the Word 240 points, 4 votes193. Peech Boys - Don't Make Me Wait 239 points, 5 votes194. Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation 237 points, 5 votes195. James Ingram & Michael McDonald - Yah Mo B There 235 points, 5 votes196. Prince - Adore 235 points, 3 votes197. Anita Baker - Caught Up in the Rapture 232 points, 5 votes, 1 number one198. Dennis Edwards feat. Siedah Garrett - Don't Look Any Further 231 points, 4 votes199. Sheila E. - The Belle of St. Mark 230 points, 4 votes200. D-Train - Keep On 228 points, 5 votes201. Prince - I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man 227 points, 3 votes202. Kool & the Gang - Celebration 226 points, 5 votes203. Chic - Rebels Are We 226 points, 3 votes204. Stephanie Mills - Never Knew Love Like This Before 225 points, 5 votes205. Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You) 225 points, 4 votes206. Tom Browne - Funkin' for Jamaica (N.Y.) 224 points, 5 votes207. Patrice Rushen - Feels So Real (Won't Let Go) 224 points, 3 votes208. Unlimited Touch - I Hear Music in the Streets 223 points, 4 votes209. Hall and Oates - Out of Touch 223 points, 3 votes210 (TIE). Neneh Cherry - Manchild 222 points, 5 votes210 (TIE). Odyssey - Inside Out 222 points, 5 votes212. Odyssey - (Joy) I Know It 222 points, 4 votes213 (TIE). Hot Chocolate - It Started With a Kiss 221 points, 5 votes213 (TIE). Shannon - Give Me Tonight 221 points, 5 votes215. Klymaxx - The Men All Pause 221 points, 3 votes216. Madonna - Crazy for You 220 points, 3 votes217 (TIE). Bobby Brown - On Our Own 218 points, 3 votes217 (TIE). Jocelyn Brown - Somebody Else's Guy 218 points, 3 votes219. George Michael - A Different Corner 217 points, 5 votes220. Michael Jackson - Another Part of Me 217 points, 3 votes221. Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters 216 points, 6 votes222. Teddy Pendergrass - Love T.K.O. 216 points, 4 votes223. George Michael - Careless Whisper 215 points, 4 votes224. Michael Jackson - Thriller 214 points, 4 votes225. Michael Jackson - Baby Be Mine 209 points, 3 votes226. Irene Cara - Flashdance... What a Feeling 208 points, 4 votes227. The Whispers - Keep On Lovin' Me 208 points, 3 votes228. Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run) 206 points, 5 votes229. Womack & Womack - Love Wars 205 points, 4 votes230. Bobby Womack - If You Think You're Lonely Now 203 points, 5 votes231. Bobby Brown - Every Little Step 202 points, 5 votes232 (TIE). Princess - Say I'm Your Number One 202 points, 4 votes232 (TIE). Tracie Spencer - Symptoms of True Love 202 points, 4 votes234. Marvin Gaye - Praise 202 points, 3 votes235. Jeffrey Osborne - Stay With Me Tonight 201 points, 6 votes236. Sharon Redd - Beat the Street 200 points, 4 votes237. Aretha Franklin - Get It Right 199 points, 3 votes238. Kurtis Blow - The Breaks 198 points, 5 votes239. Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's for Real 197 points, 4 votes240. Stacey Q - Two of Hearts 197 points, 3 votes241 (TIE). Imagination - Changes 196 points, 3 votes241 (TIE). Terence Trent d'Arby - If You Let Me Stay 196 points, 3 votes243. Sly Fox - Let's Go All the Way 194 points, 5 votes244. Diana Ross - Chain Reaction 194 points, 3 votes245. Cameo - Single Life 191 points, 3 votes246. Sheena Easton - Sugar Walls 189 points, 3 votes247. Guy - I Like 185 points, 5 votes248. Kashif - I Just Gotta Have You (Lover Turn Me On) 185 points, 4 votes249 (TIE). Chic - 26 184 points, 3 votes249 (TIE). World's Famous Supreme Team - Hey! D.J. 184 points, 3 votes
251. David Joseph - You Can't Hide (Your Love From Me) 183 points, 4 votes252. The Gap Band - Outstanding 183 points, 3 votes253. Michael Jackson - Off the Wall 182 points, 5 votes254. Luther Vandross - Give Me The Reason 182 points, 4 votes255. Prince - Alphabet St. 182 points, 3 votes256. Prince - Take Me With U 181 points, 3 votes257. War - Outlaw 179 points, 4 votes258. Prince - Electric Chair 175 points, 2 votes259. Warp 9 - Light Years Away 175 points, 2 votes260. Zapp - Computer Love 174 points, 4 votes261. Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid 173 points, 4 votes262. Al B. Sure! - Nite and Day 173 points, 3 votes263. Imagination - So Good So Right 172 points, 4 votes264. Sylvester - Do Ya Wanna Funk 171 points, 3 votes265. Zapp - Doo Wa Ditty (Blow That Thing) 168 points, 4 votes266. Madonna - Lucky Star 168 points, 3 votes267. Lionel Richie - You Are 167 points, 3 votes268. Chaka Khan - I Know You, I Live You 166 points, 3 votes269. Liquid Liquid - Cavern 166 points, 3 votes270. Cheryl Lynn - Shake It Up Tonight 166 points, 2 votes271. Tom Browne - Thighs High (Grip Your Hips and Move) 166 points, 2 votes272. Donna Summer - State of Independence 165 points, 3 votes273. Janet Jackson - Let's Wait a While 165 points, 3 votes274. Prince - Batdance 165 points, 3 votes275. Change - Miracles 165 points, 2 votes276. Madonna - Holiday 164 points, 3 votes, 1 number one277. Taste of Honey - Rescue Me 164 points, 3 votes278. Nona Hendryx - B-Boys 163 points, 3 votes279. Trouble Funk - Drop the Bomb 163 points, 3 votes280. DeBarge - I Like It 163 points, 2 votes281. Weather Girls - It's Raining Men 162 points, 5 votes282. Donna Summer - On the Radio 162 points, 3 votes283. Cheryl Lynn - Encore 161 points, 3 votes284. Dionne Warwick - Heartbreaker 161 points, 3 votes285. Gwen Guthrie - Padlock 161 points, 3 votes286. Donna Allen - Serious 160 points, 3 votes287. Mary Jane Girls - Candy Man 160 points, 3 votes288. Prince - The Ballad of Dorothy Parker 160 points, 3 votes289. Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel 158 points, 4 votes290. Isley Jasper Isley - Caravan of Love 157 points, 3 votes291. Prince - Sometimes It Snows in April 156 points, 5 votes292. Prince - How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore? 156 points, 4 votes293. Janet Jackson - Control 155 points, 3 votes294. Prince - Let's Pretend We're Married 155 points, 2 votes, 1 number one295. Maze - Back in Stride 155 points, 2 votes296. Scritti Politti - Perfect Way 155 points, 2 votes297. New Edition - If It Isn't Love 154 points, 4 votes298. CeCe Rogers - Someday 154 points, 3 votes299. Labi Siffre - (Something Inside) So Strong 154 points, 2 votes300. The System - You Are in My System 154 points, 2 votes301. Shirley Lites - Heat You Up (Melt You Down) 153 points, 3 votes302. El DeBarge - Who's Johnny 153 points, 2 votes303. Grace Jones - Nipple to the Bottle 152 points, 3 votes304. Raydio - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do) 152 points, 2 votes305. Joyce Sims - Come Into My Life 151 points, 5 votes306. Gil Scott-Heron - B-Movie 151 points, 2 votes307. Xavier - Work That Sucker to Death 150 points, 2 votes308. Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Endicott 148 points, 3 votes309. The Jacksons - Torture 148 points, 2 votes310. Marcel King - Reach for Love 148 points, 2 votes311. Imagination - Body Talk 147 points, 4 votes312. Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal 147 points, 4 votes313. Janet Jackson - Miss You Much 146 points, 4 votes314. Cameo - She's Strange 146 points, 3 votes315. Linx - Intuition 146 points, 3 votes316. Prince - Girls & Boys 146 points, 3 votes317. Chaka Khan - Clouds 146 points, 2 votes318. Chaka Khan - What Cha' Gonna Do for Me 146 points, 2 votes319. Defunkt - Razor's Edge 146 points, 2 votes320. Smokey Robinson - Being With You 145 points, 4 votes321. Toney Lee - Love So Deep 145 points, 2 votes322. Donna Summer - She Works Hard for the Money 144 points, 3 votes323. Vanity 6 - If a Girl Answers (Don't Hang Up) 144 points, 2 votes324. Sade - Love Is Stronger Than Pride 143 points, 3 votes325. Lisa Stansfield - This Is the Right Time 143 points, 2 votes326. Sylvia Striplin - Give Me Your Love 143 points, 2 votes327. Lionel Richie - Hello 142 points, 3 votes328. Brooklyn, Bronx & Queens Band - On the Beat 142 points, 2 votes329. Change - Searching 141 points, 3 votes330. George Benson - Inside Love 141 points, 2 votes331. The Gap Band - Early in the Morning 140 points, 2 votes332. Neville Brothers - Brother John/Iko Iko 140 points, 2 votes333. New Edition - Can You Stand the Rain 140 points, 2 votes334. T.S. Monk - Bon Bon Vie (Gimme the Good Life) 139 points, 3 votes335. Was (Not Was) - Wheel Me Out 139 points, 3 votes336. Juicy - Sugar Free 139 points, 2 votes337. Gary Byrd & the G.B. Experience - The Crown 137 points, 3 votes338. E.U. - Da Butt 137 points, 2 votes339. Skipworth and Turner - Thinking About Your Love 135 points, 4 votes340. Rick James - Cold Blooded 135 points, 3 votes341. Shalamar - I Can Make You Feel Good 135 points, 3 votes342. Kool & the Gang - Misled 135 points, 2 votes343. Material - Memories 135 points, 2 votes344. Breakfast Club - Right on Track 134 points, 2 votes345. Diana Ross - My Old Piano 134 points, 2 votes346. Stevie Wonder - Lately 133 points, 4 votes347. Aurra - Checking You Out 133 points, 2 votes348. Gwen Guthrie - Peanut Butter 133 points, 2 votes349. Prince - Head 132 points, 3 votes350. Anita Baker - Same Ole Love 132 points, 2 votes351. Willie Colón - Set Fire to Me 132 points, 2 votes352. J. Walter Negro and the Loose Joints - Shoot the Pump 131 points, 2 votes353. Alicia Myers - I Want to Thank You 130 points, 2 votes354. Donald Byrd - Love Has Come Around 130 points, 2 votes355. Prince - I Wish U Heaven 130 points, 2 votes356. Stacy Lattisaw - Jump to the Beat 129 points, 3 votes357. Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed 129 points, 3 votes358. Alexander O'Neal - A Broken Heart Can Mend 129 points, 2 votes359. Stevie Wonder - Rocket Love 129 points, 2 votes360. Visual - The Music's Got Me 129 points, 2 votes361. Bootsy Collins - Party on Plastic (What's Bootsy Doin'?) 128 points, 2 votes362. Mel & Kim - Respectable 128 points, 2 votes363. Randy Crawford - Someday I'll Fly Away 127 points, 3 votes364. René & Angela - I Love You More 127 points, 3 votes365. Sharon Redd - Never Give You Up 127 points, 3 votes366. Vanity 6 - He's So Dull 127 points, 2 votes367. Amii Stewart - Friends 126 points, 2 votes368. George Clinton - One Fun at a Time 126 points, 2 votes369. Jellybean - The Mexican 126 points, 2 votes370. Farley "Jackmaster" Funk & Jessie Saunders - Love Can't Turn Around 125 points, 4 votes371. Cherrelle - Fragile... Handle With Care 125 points, 2 votes372. Simply Red - Holding Back the Years 124 points, 4 votes373. Limit - She's So Divine 124 points, 3 votes374. Earth, Wind & Fire - Fall in Love With Me 124 points, 2 votes375. Jenny Burton - Remember What You Like 124 points, 2 votes376. Nona Hendryx - Keep It Confidential 124 points, 2 votes377. Stevie Wonder - That Girl 124 points, 2 votes378. The Time - 777-9311 122 points, 5 votes379. Keith Sweat - I Want Her 122 points, 4 votes380. Sparque - Let's Go Dancin' 122 points, 3 votes381. Freeez - Southern Freeez 122 points, 2 votes382. Shirley Murdock - As We Lay 121 points, 3 votes383. Al Jarreau - Mornin' 121 points, 2 votes384. J. Blackfoot - Taxi 121 points, 2 votes385. Sister Sledge - Pretty Baby 121 points, 2 votes386. Sharon Brown - I Specialize in Love 120 points, 4 votes387. Madonna - Angel 120 points, 3 votes388. Prince - Darling Nikki 120 points, 3 votes389. Rose Royce - R.R. Express 120 points, 3 votes390. France Joli - Gonna Get Over You 120 points, 2 votes391. Raincoats - Animal Rhapsody 120 points, 2 votes392. Quincy Jones - Ai No Corrida 119 points, 3 votes393. Stephanie Mills - The Medicine Song 119 points, 3 votes394. George Clinton - Get Dressed 119 points, 2 votes395. Eddie Murphy - Party All the Time 116 points, 3 votes396. Planet Patrol - Play at Your Own Risk 116 points, 3 votes397. Steve Winwood - Higher Love 116 points, 3 votes398. Janet Jackson - Alright 116 points, 2 votes399. Vin Zee - Funky Bee-Bop 116 points, 2 votes400. Atlantic Starr - Always 115 points, 2 votes401. Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me 115 points, 2 votes402. Billy Ocean - Suddenly 114 points, 2 votes403. Midnight Star - Operator 114 points, 2 votes404. Sheila E. - Holly Rock 114 points, 2 votes405. Slave - Snap Shot 114 points, 2 votes406. The Jacksons feat. Mick Jagger - State of Shock 113 points, 3 votes407. Q-Feel - Dancing In Heaven (Orbital Be-Bop) 113 points, 2 votes408. Maze feat. Frankie Beverly - Joy and Pain 112 points, 4 votes409. Bros. - When Will I Be Famous 112 points, 2 votes410. Exposé - Point of No Return 112 points, 2 votes411. The S.O.S. Band - Weekend Girl 112 points, 2 votes412. Colourbox - The Moon Is Blue 111 points, 2 votes413. Sade - Paradise 110 points, 3 votes414. Kool & the Gang - Too Hot 110 points, 2 votes415. Prince - It 110 points, 2 votes416. Spandau Ballet - Chant No. 1 110 points, 2 votes417. Alexander O'Neal - Fake 109 points, 3 votes418. Prince - She's Always in My Hair 109 points, 3 votes419. Scritti Politti - The Word Girl 107 points, 3 votes420. Teena Marie - I Need Your Lovin' 107 points, 3 votes421. Shalamar - Sweeter as the Days Go By 107 points, 2 votes422. Barbara Mason - Another Man 106 points, 3 votes423. Bar-Kays - Freakshow on the Dance Floor 106 points, 2 votes424. Crown Heights Affair - You Gave Me Love 106 points, 2 votes425. Geraldine Hunt - Can't Fake the Feeling 106 points, 2 votes426. Jermaine Jackson - Let Me Tickle Your Fancy 104 points, 3 votes427. Marvin Gaye - Heavy Love Affair 104 points, 3 votes428. Change - Change of heart 104 points, 2 votes429. Stephanie Mills - (You're Puttin') A Rush on Me 104 points, 2 votes430. Larry Graham - Sooner or Later 103 points, 2 votes431. Debbie Deb - When I Hear Music 102 points, 3 votes432. Rainbow Brown - Till You Surrender 102 points, 2 votes433. Wham! - Young Guns (Go for It) 101 points, 3 votes434. Raw Silk - Do It to the Music 100 points, 3 votes435. Rockers Revenge feat. Donnie Calvin - Walkin' on Sunshine 100 points, 3 votes436. Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love for You 100 points, 2 votes437. Baiser - Summer Breeze 100 points, 1 votes, 1 number on438. The Jacksons - Walk Right Now 99 points, 3 votes439. Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand 99 points, 2 votes440. Strafe - Set It Off 99 points, 2 votes441. Aretha Franklin - Jump to It 99 points, 1 vote442. Otis Clay - The Only Way Is Up 99 points, 1 vote443. Sharon Redd - Love How You Feel 99 points, 1 vote444. Ashford & Simpson - Street Corner 98 points, 1 vote445. George Clinton - Free Alterations 98 points, 1 vote446. Pave Maijanen - Lähtisitkö 98 points, 1 vote447. Bar-Kays - Hit and Run 96 points, 1 vote448. Slave - Stone Jam 96 points, 1 vote449. Surface - Falling in Love 95 points, 3 votes450. Gayle Adams - Love Fever 95 points, 2 votes451. Stevie Wonder - Ribbon in the Sky 95 points, 2 votes452. Billy Ocean - Nights (Feels Like Getting Down) 95 points, 1 vote453. New Edition - Candy Girl 94 points, 3 votes454. Alexander O'Neal - Sunshine 94 points, 2 votes455. Starpoint - Object of My Desire 94 points, 2 votes456. Funkadelic - The Electric Spanking of War Babies 94 points, 1 vote457. George Benson - Love X Love 94 points, 1 vote458. Jill Jones - Mia Bocca 94 points, 1 vote459. Artists United Against Apartheid - Sun City 93 points, 1 vote460. Carol Jiani - Touch and Go Lover 93 points, 1 vote461. Nuance feat. Vikki Love - Loveride 93 points, 1 vote462. Prince - Bambi 93 points, 1 vote463. Q - The Voice of Q 93 points, 1 vote464. Sylvester - Don't Stop 93 points, 1 vote465. Roger - So Ruff So Tuff 92 points, 3 votes466. Aretha Franklin - Who's Zoomin' Who? 92 points, 2 votes467. Jeanette "Lady" Day - Come Let Me Love You 92 points, 2 votes468. Jonzun Crew - Space Cowboy 92 points, 1 vote469. Malcolm McLaren - Madam Butterfly 92 points, 1 vote470. Soul II Soul - Fairplay 92 points, 1 vote471. Wendy & Lisa - Are You My Baby? 92 points, 1 vote472. Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams 91 points, 1 vote473. Eddy Grant - Do You Feel My Love? 91 points, 1 vote474. Steve Arrington’s Hall of Fame - Nobody Can Be You 90 points, 1 vote475. Edwin Birdsong - Cola Bottle Baby 89 points, 2 votes476. Phyllis Nelson - I Like You 89 points, 1 vote477. Suzy Q - Get On Up and Do It Again 89 points, 1 vote478. Touche - Just Like a Door Knob 89 points, 1 vote479. Bobby Womack - Love Has Finally Come at Last 88 points, 3 votes480. Anita Baker - Giving You the Best That I Got 88 points, 2 votes481. Chic - You Are Beautiful 88 points, 2 votes482. Grace Jones - My Jamaican Guy 88 points, 2 votes483. Leon Haywood - Don't Push It Don't Force It 88 points, 2 votes484. Luther Vandross - Stop to Love 88 points, 2 votes485. DeBarge - All This Love 88 points, 1 vote486. Egyptian Lover - Egypt Egypt 88 points, 1 vote487. Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted 88 points, 1 vote488. Sharon Redd - In the Name of Love 88 points, 1 vote489. Terri Wells - I'm Givin' All My Love 88 points, 1 vote490. Sade - Your Love Is King 87 points, 3 votes491. Tom Tom Club - Wordy Rappinghood 87 points, 2 votes492. Shalamar - Dancing in the Sheets 87 points, 1 vote493. Jody Watley - Looking for a New Love 86 points, 3 votes494. ESG - You're No Good 86 points, 2 votes495. Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue 86 points, 2 votes496. Special AKA - Free Nelson Mandela 86 points, 2 votes497. Aretha Franklin - Jimmy Lee 86 points, 1 vote498. Funkadelic - Electro-Cuties 86 points, 1 vote499. Kool & the Gang - Stand Up and Sing 86 points, 1 vote500. Paul Simpson feat. Adeva - Musical Freedom 86 points, 1 vote501. Culture Club - Church of the Poison Mind 85 points, 2 votes502. Evelyn Thomas - High Energy 85 points, 2 votes503. Madonna - Dress You Up 85 points, 2 votes504. Miquel Brown - So Many Men, So Little Time 85 points, 2 votes505. George Clinton - Last Dance 85 points, 1 vote506. Kirka - Hengaillaan 85 points, 1 vote507. Smokey Robinson - Let Me Be the Clock 84 points, 2 votes508. Aurra - Such a Feeling 84 points, 1 vote509. Con Funk Shun - Too Tight 84 points, 1 vote510. DeBarge - Stay With Me 84 points, 1 vote511. Deniece Williams - It's Gonna Take a Miracle 84 points, 1 vote512. Luther Vandross - A House Is Not a Home 84 points, 1 vote513. George Clinton - Man's Best Friend/Loopzilla 83 points, 2 votes514. Herbie Hancock - Magic Number 83 points, 2 votes515. Prince - Strange Relationship 83 points, 2 votes516. Jackie Stoudemire - Invisible Wind 83 points, 1 vote517. Mr Fingers - What About This Love 83 points, 1 vote518. Thelma Houston - You Used to Hold Me 83 points, 1 vote519. Cheri - Murphy's Law 82 points, 1 vote520. Commodores - Oh No 82 points, 1 vote521. Ottawan - Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart) 82 points, 1 vote522. Sylvester - I Need You 81 points, 3 votes523. Gladys Knight & The Pips - Save the Overtime (For Me) 81 points, 2 votes524. Sharon Redd - Can You Handle It 81 points, 2 votes525. Madonna & Prince - Love Song 81 points, 1 vote526. Pieces of a Dream - Mt Airy Groove 81 points, 1 vote527. Prince - Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad? 81 points, 1 vote528. Stevie Wonder - All I Do 81 points, 1 vote529. Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On 80 points, 1 vote530. Chanelle - One Man 79 points, 2 votes531. Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana 79 points, 2 votes532. Jermaine Jackson & Pia Zadora - When the Rain Begins to Fall 79 points, 1 vote533. Jody Watley - Still a Thrill 79 points, 1 vote534. Steve Arrington's Hall of Fame - Weak at the Knees 79 points, 1 vote535. Stevie Wonder - Front Line 79 points, 1 vote536. Vanity 6 - Wet Dream 79 points, 1 vote537. Was (Not Was) - Carry Me Back to Old Morocco 79 points, 1 vote538. Shalamar - The Second Time Around 78 points, 3 votes539. Ollie & Jerry - Breakin'... There's No Stopping Us 78 points, 2 votes540. Friction - Bar-B-Q 78 points, 1 vote541. The S.O.S. Band - Tell Me if You Still Care 78 points, 1 vote542. Bootsy - Mug Push 77 points, 2 votes543. Club Nouveau - Why You Treat Me So Bad? 77 points, 1 vote544. Edwin Birdsong - Rapper Dapper Snapper 77 points, 1 vote545. Jermaine Jackson & Michael Jackson - Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' (Too Good To Be True) 77 points, 1 vote546. Westwood Cash - Psycho for Your Love 77 points, 1 vote547. Eddy Grant - I Don't Wanna Dance 76 points, 2 votes548. Pasadenas - Tribute (Right On) 76 points, 2 votes549. DeBarge - A Dream 76 points, 1 vote550. Marvin Gaye - My Love Is Waiting 76 points, 1 vote551. Whistle - Right Next to Me 76 points, 1 vote552. Herb Alpert feat. Janet Jackson - Diamonds 75 points, 2 votes553. Laid Back - White Horse 75 points, 2 votes554. The S.O.S. Band - Just the Way You Like It 75 points, 2 votes555. After 7 - Ready or Not 75 points, 1 vote556. Babyface - Whip Appeal 75 points, 1 vote557. Imagination - In the Heat of the Night 75 points, 1 vote558. Lionel Richie - Running with the Night 75 points, 1 vote559. Peter Wolf - Lights Out 75 points, 1 vote560. Seduction - Two to Make It Right 75 points, 1 vote561. Sunbelt - Spin It 75 points, 1 vote562. Lola - Wax the Van 74 points, 2 votes563. Material - Bustin' Out 74 points, 2 votes564. Prince - Delirious 74 points, 2 votes565. Cultural Vibe - Ma Foom Bey 74 points, 1 vote566. Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls (Need Love Too) 74 points, 1 vote567. Michael Jackson - Leave Me Alone 73 points, 2 votes568. Pino d'Angiò - Ma quale idea 73 points, 2 votes569. Andre Cymone - M.O.T.F. 73 points, 1 vote570. Companion - There's a Way 73 points, 1 vote571. Dee Dee Sharp-Gamble - Breaking and Entering 73 points, 1 vote572. Pretty Poison - Catch Me I'm Falling 73 points, 1 vote573. Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover 73 points, 1 vote574. One Way - Cutie Pie 72 points, 1 vote575. Robert Palmer - You Are In My System 72 points, 1 vote576. Surface - Happy 71 points, 3 votes577. Jill Jones - Violet Blue 71 points, 1 vote578. Kinky Foxx - So Different 71 points, 1 vote579. Marvin Gaye - Midnight Lady 71 points, 1 vote580. Prince - Let's Work 71 points, 1 vote581. Michel'le - No More Lies 70 points, 3 votes582. Donald Banks - Status Quo 70 points, 2 votes583. Viola Wills - If You Could Read My Mind 70 points, 2 votes584. Diana Ross & Lionel Richie - Endless Love 70 points, 1 vote585. Ronnie Hudson and the Street People - West Coast Poplock 70 points, 1 vote586. The Time - The Bird 70 points, 1 vote587. Fatback Band - Is This the Future? 69 points, 3 votes588. Egyptian Lover - I Cry (Night After Night) 69 points, 2 votes589. Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True 69 points, 2 votes590. Natalie Cole - Pink Cadillac 69 points, 2 votes591. Deodato - Happy Hour 69 points, 1 vote592. Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman 69 points, 1 vote593. Tony! Toni! Toné! - Little Walter 69 points, 1 vote594. Midnight Star - No Parking on the Dance Floor 68 points, 2 votes595. Prince - Paisley Park 68 points, 2 votes596. Wilton Felder feat. Bobby Womack & Alltrinna Grayson - (No Matter How High I Get) I'll Still Be Looking Up to You 68 points, 1 vote597. Zapp - I Can Make You Dance 68 points, 1 vote598. Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - Head to Toe 67 points, 2 votes599. Patrice Rushen - Get Off (You Fascinate Me) 67 points, 1 vote600. René & Angela - Your Smile 67 points, 1 vote601. Donna Summer - Love Is in Control (Finger on the Trigger) 66 points, 3 votes602. Shalamar - There It Is 66 points, 3 votes603. George Michael - I Want Your Sex 66 points, 2 votes604. Cameo - Back and Forth 66 points, 1 vote605. D-Train - Music 66 points, 1 vote606. DeBarge - Time Will Reveal 66 points, 1 vote607. Eddy Grant - Gimme Hope Jo'anna 66 points, 1 vote608. Hashim - Al-Naafiysh (The Soul) 66 points, 1 vote609. Imagination - Burnin' Up 66 points, 1 vote610. Prince - When U Were Mine 66 points, 1 vote611. Julia and Company - Breakin' Down (Sugar Samba) 65 points, 2 votes612. Peech Boys - Life Is Something Special 65 points, 2 votes613. Kid Creole & the Coconuts - Maladie d'Amour 65 points, 1 vote614. Cashmere - Do It Any Way You Wanna 64 points, 2 votes615. Madonna - Burning Up 64 points, 2 votes616. Aretha Franklin - Freeway of Love 64 points, 1 vote617. Change - It Burns Me Up 64 points, 1 vote618. Emilia - Satan in Love 64 points, 1 vote619. Staple Singers - Slippery People 64 points, 1 vote620. Whitney Houston & Teddy Pendergrass - Hold Me 64 points, 1 vote621. Shalamar - Make That Move 63 points, 3 votes622. Evelyn "Champagne" King - Betcha She Don't Love You 63 points, 2 votes623. Jimmy Ross - First True Love Affair 63 points, 2 votes624. Maze - Twilight 63 points, 2 votes625. Inner City - Big Fun 63 points, 1 vote626. Jeffrey Osborne - You Should Be Mine 63 points, 1 vote627. Tara - Fresh Flesh 63 points, 1 vote628. Prince - Uptown 62 points, 3 votes629. Kool & the Gang - Fresh 62 points, 2 votes630. Prince - Computer Blue 62 points, 2 votes631. The Jets - Make It Real 62 points, 1 vote632. Neville Brothers - With God on Our Side 62 points, 1 vote633. Bar-Kays - Do It (Let Me See You Shake) 61 points, 1 vote634. Curtis Mayfield - Baby It's You 61 points, 1 vote635. Mary Jane Girls - All Night Long 60 points, 2 votes636. New Kids on the Block - Please Don't Go Girl 60 points, 2 votes637. Pebbles - Girlfriend 60 points, 2 votes638. Prince - Private Joy 60 points, 2 votes639. Stevie Wonder - Go Home 60 points, 2 votes640. Evelyn "Champagne" King - Get Loose 60 points, 1 vote641. Peabo Bryson - If Ever You're In My Arms Again 60 points, 1 vote642. Deele - Two Occasions 59 points, 2 votes643. Glenn Jones - I Am Somebody 59 points, 1 vote644. Professor Longhair - Cry to Me 59 points, 1 vote645. Vanity - Romantic Voyage 59 points, 1 vote646. Young & Company - I Like (What You're Doing to Me) 58 points, 2 votes647. The Brothers Johnson - Light Up the Night 58 points, 1 vote648. Cameo - Shake Your Pants 58 points, 1 vote649. Collage - Do You Like Our Music? 58 points, 1 vote650. Patrice Rushen - Number One 58 points, 1 vote651. Klymaxx - Meeting in the Ladies Room 57 points, 2 votes652. James Brown - Don't Stop the Funk 57 points, 1 vote653. Nolan Thomas - Yo Little Brother 57 points, 1 vote654. Tyrone Brunson - The Smurf 57 points, 1 vote655. Brooklyn, Bronx & Queens Band - Starlette 56 points, 2 votes656. Inner Life - (Knock Out) Let's Go Another Round 56 points, 1 vote657. James Brown - Living in America 56 points, 1 vote658. Ray Parker Jr. - I Still Can't Get Over Loving You 56 points, 1 vote659. Keni Burke - Risin' to the Top (Give It All You Got) 55 points, 2 votes660. Luther Vandross - She's a Super Lady 55 points, 2 votes661. Maze feat. Frankie Beverly - Can't Get Over You 55 points, 1 vote662. Sugar Hill Gang - Hot Hot Summer Day 55 points, 1 vote663. Clark Sisters - You Brought The Sunshine 54 points, 1 vote664. Egyptian Lover - My House (On the Nile) 54 points, 1 vote665. Herbie Hancock - Gettin' to the Good Part 54 points, 1 vote666. Joyce Sims - (You Are My) All and All 53 points, 1 vote667. Taana Gardner - No Frills 53 points, 1 vote668. Prince - Hot Thing 52 points, 2 votes669. Chaz Jankel - Glad to Know You 52 points, 1 vote670. Gwen McCrae - Funky Sensation 52 points, 1 vote671. Marvin Gaye - Turn On Some Music 52 points, 1 vote672. ZZ Hill - Cheating In The Next Room 52 points, 1 vote673. Aleem - Get Loose 51 points, 2 votes674. Chaka Khan - Eye to Eye 51 points, 2 votes675. Prince - The Arms of Orion 51 points, 2 votes676. Valentine Brothers - Money's Too Tight (to Mention) 51 points, 2 votes677. Deniece Williams - Silly 51 points, 1 vote678. Grace Jones - I'm Not Perfect 51 points, 1 vote679. Prince - Starfish and Coffee 51 points, 1 vote680. Al B. Sure! - Naturally Mine 50 points, 1 vote681. Alexander O'Neal - (What Can I Say) To Make You Love Me 50 points, 1 vote682. Bandolero - Paris Latino 50 points, 1 vote683. Billy Ocean - Lover Boy 50 points, 1 vote684. Erotic Drum Band - Horny 50 points, 1 vote685. Inner City - Do You Love What You Feel 50 points, 1 vote686. Jellybean - Sidewalk Talk 50 points, 1 vote687. Jody Watley - Don't You Want Me 50 points, 1 vote688. Jody Watley - Friends 50 points, 1 vote689. Jungle Wonz - Time Marches On 50 points, 1 vote690. Kabbala - Ashewo Ara 50 points, 1 vote691. Karyn White - The Way You Love Me 50 points, 1 vote692. Kat Mandu - I Wanna Dance 50 points, 1 vote693. Lio - Sage Comme Une Image 50 points, 1 vote694. Milli Vanilli - Girl I'm Gonna Miss You 50 points, 1 vote695. Nu Shooz - Should I Say Yes 50 points, 1 vote696. Patrice Rushen - Remind Me 50 points, 1 vote697. Rob 'n' Raz feat. Leila K - Got to Get 50 points, 1 vote698. Roni Griffith - Desire 50 points, 1 vote699. S'Express - Theme from S'Express 50 points, 1 vote700. Seduction - Seduction (Club Mix) 50 points, 1 vote701. Serge Gainsbourg - Love on the Beat 50 points, 1 vote702. Swing Out Sister - Breakout 50 points, 1 vote703. T.C. Curtis - You Should Have Known Better 50 points, 1 vote704. Ten City - That's the Way Love Is 50 points, 1 vote705. Vicky D - This Beat Is Mine 50 points, 1 vote706. The Whispers - This Kind of Lovin' 50 points, 1 vote707. William Onyeabor - Fantastic Man 50 points, 1 vote708. The Time - Cool 49 points, 3 votes709. Glass - Let Me Feel Your Heartbeat 49 points, 1 vote710. Prince - Do Me, Baby 48 points, 2 votes711. Fantasy - You're Too Late 47 points, 1 vote712. Nona Hendryx - Living on the Border 47 points, 1 vote713. Twilight 22 - Electric Kingdom 47 points, 1 vote714. Earlene Bentley - The Boys Come to Town 46 points, 1 vote715. Sybil - Don't Make Me Over 45 points, 2 votes716. Rod - Shake It Up (Do the Boogaloo) 45 points, 1 vote717. Geraldine Hunt - Heart Heart 44 points, 1 vote718. Stephanie Mills - I Have Learned to Respect the Power of Love 44 points, 1 vote719. Universal Togetherness Band - Ain't Gonna Cry 44 points, 1 vote720. Whitney Houston - Love Will Save the Day 43 points, 2 votes721. George Duke - Reach Out 43 points, 1 vote722. Miquel Brown - Close to Perfection 43 points, 1 vote723. Oliver Cheatham - Get Down Saturday Night 43 points, 1 vote724. Adele Bertei - Build Me a Bridge 42 points, 1 vote725. Art of Noise - Beat Box 42 points, 1 vote726. Average White Band - Let's Go Round Again 42 points, 1 vote727. Booker Newberry III - Love Town 42 points, 1 vote728. Coffee - Casanova 42 points, 1 vote729. James Brown - I'm Real 42 points, 1 vote730. June Montana - I Need Your Love 42 points, 1 vote731. Konk - Your Life 42 points, 1 vote732. Lonnie Hill - Galveston Bay 42 points, 1 vote733. Steve Arrington - Feels So Real 42 points, 1 vote734. Temptations - Treat Her Like a Lady 42 points, 1 vote735. Terri Wells - I'll Be Around 42 points, 1 vote736. View From the Hill - No Conversation 42 points, 1 vote737. One Way - Give Me One More Chance 41 points, 2 votes738. Womack & Womack - A.P.B. 41 points, 2 votes739. Men - Someone on My Side 41 points, 1 vote740. Ten City - Right Back to You 41 points, 1 vote741. Egyptian Lover - Freak-a-Holic 40 points, 1 vote742. Frankie Knuckles - It's a Cold World 40 points, 1 vote743. James Brown - Bring It On 39 points, 1 vote744. Kashif - Stone Love 39 points, 1 vote745. Atlantic Starr - Secret Lovers 38 points, 1 vote746. D-Mob - C'mon & Get My Love 38 points, 1 vote747. Escape From New York - Fire in My Heart 38 points, 1 vote748. The Jacksons - This Place Hotel 38 points, 1 vote749. Jeffrey Osborne - On the Wings of Love 38 points, 1 vote750. Michael Jackson - Liberian Girl 38 points, 1 vote751. Prince - New Position 38 points, 1 vote752. Chemise - She Can't Love You 37 points, 2 votes753. Earth, Wind & Fire - System Of Survival 37 points, 1 vote754. Lionel Richie - Can't Slow Down 37 points, 1 vote755. Angela Bofill - Too Tough 36 points, 1 vote756. Barbara Mason - Let Me Give You Love 36 points, 1 vote757. Chic - Chip Off the Old Block 36 points, 1 vote758. Chic - Soup For One 36 points, 1 vote759. Deja - We Were Made To Be Together 36 points, 1 vote760. High Fashion - Feelin' Lucky Lately 36 points, 1 vote761. Jones Girls - I'm a Woman Here 36 points, 1 vote762. Junkyard Band - Sardines 36 points, 1 vote763. L.I.F.E. - You're All Played Out 36 points, 1 vote764. Leo's Sunshipp - Give Me the Sunshine 36 points, 1 vote765. Lionel Richie - Dancing on the Ceiling 36 points, 1 vote766. Redds and The Boys - Movin' and Groovin' 36 points, 1 vote767. Ten City - Devotion 36 points, 1 vote768. Two Tons O' Fun - Just Us 36 points, 1 vote769. Alisha - Too Turned On 35 points, 1 vote770. Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel 35 points, 1 vote771. Bobby Womack - Tell Me Why 35 points, 1 vote772. Brass Construction - International 35 points, 1 vote773. Brenda K. Starr - I Still Believe 35 points, 1 vote774. Eurythmics - Would I Lie to You? 35 points, 1 vote775. Five Star - All Fall Down 35 points, 1 vote776. The Gap Band - Humpin' 35 points, 1 vote777. George Clinton - Nubian Nut 35 points, 1 vote778. The Jacksons - Lovely One 35 points, 1 vote779. The Jacksons - Wondering Who 35 points, 1 vote780. The Jacksons - Your Ways 35 points, 1 vote781. Kid Creole & The Coconuts - I'm Corrupt 35 points, 1 vote782. Luther Vandross - Sugar & Spice 35 points, 1 vote783. Madonna - Physical Attraction 35 points, 1 vote784. Michael Jackson - Bad 35 points, 1 vote785. Michael Jackson - Speed Demon 35 points, 1 vote786. Milli Vanilli - Blame It on the Rain 35 points, 1 vote787. Natalie Cole - I Live for Your Love 35 points, 1 vote788. P-Funk Allstars - Copy Cat 35 points, 1 vote789. Parliament - Agony of Defeet 35 points, 1 vote790. Parliament - Crush It 35 points, 1 vote791. Parliament - Let's Play House 35 points, 1 vote792. Planet Patrol - Danger Zone 35 points, 1 vote793. Regina Belle - Baby Come to Me 35 points, 1 vote794. Rick Astley - Together Forever 35 points, 1 vote795. Sade - Hang on to Your Love 35 points, 1 vote796. Shalamar - Go for It 35 points, 1 vote797. Stevie B. - Spring Love 35 points, 1 vote798. Stevie Wonder - You Will Know 35 points, 1 vote799. Tina Turner - Private Dancer 35 points, 1 vote800. War - Cinco De Mayo 35 points, 1 vote801. Will to Power - Say It's Gonna Rain 35 points, 1 vote802. Quincy Jones - The Secret Garden (Sweet Seduction Suite) 34 points, 2 votes803. Deodato - S.O.S. Fire in the Sky 34 points, 1 vote804. Madonna - Causing a Commotion 34 points, 1 vote805. Neville Brothers - Sister Rosa 34 points, 1 vote806. Prince - Irresistible Bitch 34 points, 1 vote807. Richenel - Dance Around the World 34 points, 1 vote808. Siedah Garrett - Taboo 34 points, 1 vote809. Yoko Ono - Walking on Thin Ice 34 points, 1 vote810. The System - It's Passion 33 points, 1 vote811. Atlantic Starr - Silver Shadow 32 points, 1 vote812. Circle City Band - Party Lights (Shake Your Body Get Loose) 32 points, 1 vote813. Force M.D.'s - Love Is a House 32 points, 1 vote814. Manhattans - Shining Star 32 points, 1 vote815. Prince - Anotherloverholenyohead 31 points, 2 votes816. AM-FM - You Are the One 31 points, 1 vote817. Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald - On My Own 31 points, 1 vote818. Letta Mbulu - Nomalizo 30 points, 1 vote819. Xena - On the Upside 30 points, 1 vote820. Suede - Enough Is Enough 29 points, 1 vote821. Edmond Daniels - You Broke Your Promise 28 points, 1 vote822. Jennifer Holliday - And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going 28 points, 1 vote823. MFSB - Mysteries of the World 28 points, 1 vote824. Narada Michael Walden - I Shoulda Loved Ya 28 points, 1 vote825. J.J. Fad - Supersonic 27 points, 1 vote826. Stone City Band - Freaky 27 points, 1 vote827. Zapp - Be Alright 27 points, 1 vote828. One Way - Don't Stop 26 points, 1 vote829. Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance 26 points, 1 vote830. Shirley Jones - Do You Get Enough Love 26 points, 1 vote831. Al Jarreau - Roof Garden 25 points, 2 votes832. Caprice - 100% 25 points, 1 vote833. Dayton - The Sound of Music 25 points, 1 vote834. Earth, Wind & Fire - Lady Sun 25 points, 1 vote835. Ednah Holt - Serious, Sirius Space Party 25 points, 1 vote836. Gary's Gang - Knock Me Out 25 points, 1 vote837. Maze - Before I Let Go 25 points, 1 vote838. Nia Peeples - Trouble 25 points, 1 vote839. Nu Shooz - Point of No Return 25 points, 1 vote840. Patti Austin & James Ingram - Baby Come to Me 25 points, 1 vote841. Prince - Sexuality 25 points, 1 vote842. Sexual Harrassment - I Need a Freak 25 points, 1 vote843. Stevie B. - In My Eyes 25 points, 1 vote844. Sylvia Striplin - You Can't Turn Me Away 25 points, 1 vote845. Temptations feat. Rick James - Standing on the Top 25 points, 1 vote846. Vaughan Mason and Crew - Bounce Rock Skate Roll 25 points, 1 vote847. Ivan Neville - Not Just Another Girl 24 points, 1 vote848. Michael Jackson - One Day in Your Life 24 points, 1 vote849. Zapp - It Doesn't Really Matter 24 points, 1 vote850. Marz - I Got a Boyfriend Now 23 points, 1 vote851. Martina - Central Park 22 points, 1 vote852. Syreeta - Can't Shake Your Love 22 points, 1 vote853. Freddie Jackson - You Are My Lady 21 points, 2 votes854. New Edition - Cool It Now 21 points, 2 votes855. Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - All Cried Out 21 points, 1 vote856. Lydia Murdock - Superstar 21 points, 1 vote857. Rodney Franklin - The Groove 21 points, 1 vote858. Serious Intention - You Don't Know 21 points, 1 vote859. Slave - Watching You 21 points, 1 vote860. Midnight Star - Slow Jam 20 points, 1 vote861. Carol Jiani - Hit 'n' Run Lover 19 points, 1 vote862. Prince - Scandalous! 19 points, 1 vote863. Twennynine - Peanut Butter 18 points, 1 vote864. Rick James - Ghetto Life 17 points, 1 vote865. Zapp - Dance Floor 17 points, 1 vote866. Jesse Johnson's Revue - Be Your Man 16 points, 2 votes867. Quincy Jones - Becha Wouldn't Hurt Me 16 points, 1 vote868. Will Downing - A Love Supreme 16 points, 1 vote869. Chaka Khan - Love of a Lifetime 15 points, 1 vote870. Roshelle Fleming - Love Itch 15 points, 1 vote871. The S.O.S. Band - S.O.S. (Dit Dit Dit Dash Dash Dash Dit Dit Dit) 15 points, 1 vote872. Smokey Robinson - One Heartbeat 15 points, 1 vote873. Arnie's Love - I'm Out of Your Life 13 points, 1 vote874. Raw Sex Pure Energy - Stop the War 13 points, 1 vote875. The Whispers - Tonight 13 points, 1 vote876. Junie - Rappin About Rappin (Uh-Uh-Uh) 12 points, 1 vote877. Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You 12 points, 1 vote878. The S.O.S. Band - The Finest 12 points, 1 vote879. Slave - Dreamin' 12 points, 1 vote880. Victor Willis - Physical 12 points, 1 vote881. Eddy Grant - Baby Come Back 11 points, 1 vote882. George Benson - Turn Your Love Around 11 points, 1 vote883. Inez Brooks - Chillin' Out 11 points, 1 vote884. Sade - Never as Good as the First Time 11 points, 1 vote885. Smokey Robinson - Wine, Women & Song 11 points, 1 vote886. Al Jarreau - We're in This Love Together 10 points, 1 vote887. Anita Baker - Just Because 10 points, 1 vote888. Michelle Wallace - Jazzy Rhythm 9 points, 1 vote889. New Edition - Mr. Telephone Man 9 points, 1 vote890. Aretha Franklin - Sweet Bitter Love 8 points, 1 vote891. Stevie Wonder - I Just Called to Say I Love You 8 points, 1 vote892. Guy - Groove Me 7 points, 1 vote893. Taja Sevelle - Love Is Contagious 7 points, 1 vote894. The Time - Onedayi'mgonnabesomebody 7 points, 1 vote895. Crusaders feat. Bill Withers - Soul Shadows 6 points, 1 vote896. Maurice Massiah - We Can Go to Your House 6 points, 1 vote897. Wa Wa Nee - Stimulation 6 points, 1 vote898. Sharon Bryant - Let Go 5 points, 1 vote899. Andre Cymone - The Dance Electric 3 points, 1 vote900. Chuckii Booker - Turned Away 3 points, 1 vote901. Klymaxx - I Miss You 3 points, 1 vote902. Prince - Housequake 3 points, 1 vote903. Whitney Houston - One Moment in Time 3 points, 1 vote904. Chocolette - It's That East Street Beat 2 points, 1 vote905. Kool & the Gang - Joanna 2 points, 1 vote906. Syl Johnson - Ms. Fine Brown Frame 2 points, 1 vote907. Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love 2 points, 1 vote908. Gavin Christopher - One Step Closer to You 1 point, 1 vote909. Madonna - Into The Groove 1 point, 1 vote910. Prince - Party Up 1 point, 1 vote911. Zapp - Coming Home 1 point, 1 vote
― ArchCarrier, Thursday, 18 May 2017 22:00 (six days ago) Permalink
I was the only one to vote for "Mia Bocca"?! Don't you folks like Jill Jones?
― Tuomas, Thursday, 18 May 2017 22:11 (six days ago) Permalink
Personally, I think you people need to sit down and listen to Free Alterations by George Clinton.
― kornrulez6969, Thursday, 18 May 2017 23:25 (six days ago) Permalink
Honestly, my Jill Jones pick would be Ryuchi Sakamoto's "You Do Me"
― it's just locker room treason (Sanpaku), Friday, 19 May 2017 00:35 (five days ago) Permalink
I voted for Violet Blue.
This was a great poll. Thanks for all your hard work ArchCarrier.
― kitchen person, Friday, 19 May 2017 01:04 (five days ago) Permalink
Wa Wa Nee getting more points than Housequake????
― PJD PDJ DPJ (DJP), Friday, 19 May 2017 01:13 (five days ago) Permalink
Scanning from the bottom of the thread up, I thought that was someone's 911 song ballot!
― Josh in Chicago, Friday, 19 May 2017 01:42 (five days ago) Permalink
Thanks again, ArchCarrier! This has been amazing. And OMG, I see now what you mean about the point difference between the two clear leaders and the rest of the pack!
― human/hutt hybrid (Old Lunch), Friday, 19 May 2017 02:09 (five days ago) Permalink
Yes, and the voting stats of the rest of the top 10 are so close that they are practically tied. On any other day the order would have been slightly different.
The funny thing is that "Heartbeat" was sitting at number 1 until a day or two before the deadline. Only after the last five or six ballots came in it dropped to #5.
― ArchCarrier, Friday, 19 May 2017 08:49 (five days ago) Permalink
Happy with #1, though I can't lie: I prefer the '79 Prince version of the sing. It's his 2nd album's "When U Were Mine"
― the rockists' red glare (Drugs A. Money), Friday, 19 May 2017 10:44 (five days ago) Permalink
Heartbeat was the highest of anything from my ballot to place
― the rockists' red glare (Drugs A. Money), Friday, 19 May 2017 10:45 (five days ago) Permalink
So glad 'I Feel For You' won. It was one of the first singles I owned - I would have been five, saw it on Top of The Pops and had my dad get it for me. I haven't listened to it that much in the last 30 years, somehow, but finding it on shuffle when I was listening to the nominations here was such a revelation - it's just so full of perfect moments which just pile up on top of one another. I can think of quite a few perfect pieces of music, but none that are so full of stuff. And I kind of knew that it would be #1 somehow.
(The Prince original I heard for the first time, and afraid I found it a big let-down, just sounds like a very minor work, sorry)
Thanks to ArchCarrier for running this poll, and to the voters for introducing me to so much I hadn't heard before, and so much I found I had known for years without knowing its name.
― Camaraderie at Arms Length, Friday, 19 May 2017 20:27 (five days ago) Permalink